I love Lucifer.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by neonspectraltoast, Aug 9, 2018.

1. When you think about it, Lucifer was really the good guy. The only one who saw how fickle people really were. Job, for instance...how many countless millions did Lucifer watch praise God when they had it good and deny God when they were down? Really he's God's right hand man. Human beings are not good. In any way. Lucifer is right about that.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Is it truly your wish to burn in hell’s fire and hell’s flame for all eternity?

3. I don't believe in that shit. I don't even believe in Lucifer. But I just think the old stories were just that...stories. And in them Lucifer was a top notch angel. He wasn't letting people run around dissing God like that. He wasn't letting God get made a fool of. I think this whole anti-Lucifer thing came about because of the story of Job...because people always have to make everything into...God was right, you were wrong...you're bad he's good. Really Lucifer was just looking out for God, though.

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

But Lucifer liked to get sodomized while dressed in drag

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't understand why people think you go to hell as a punishment. To me the Devil would not punish you.. why would he? If you've done things deserving to be with him, then I imagine you'd be friends. The perception of torment to me only serves if Satan is in fact in the good books with God. But he's not meant to be, so I don't understand why he'd punish you for living to his standards.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  6. Oh shut up Noserider. This is a serious conversation. The devil wouldn't do anything to you. The true evil is here on this Earth. Adults sodomizing children and things like that. I don't know if Satan is really a good name for Lucifer, though. I think that's a way he's been stereotyped. Lucifer would never do these shitty things that humans do. That's why he was always complaining to God. Because God's creation was totally ungrateful.

7. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps the three days Jesus spent in hell helped Lucifer to turn his life around. Imagine if he had, what would lucifer do to redeem himself? Who would he try help first? Neo-Nazis? Drug Cartels? Or, all the little kids still scared to death of what hides in the closet! What if Lucifer could be saved by a rhinestone velvet Jesus and velvet Elvis?

8. Now Jesus spent three days in Hell? This is new to me. I'm not sure I really believe in Hell, though if God gave an angel human souls to Lord over, that must be one damned special angel.

I think Lucifer was smarter than Jesus. Jesus acted like we could all love each other. And if Jesus hadn't been crucified, surely he would have reigned supreme upon Earth and guess what? Nobody wanted that. And guess what? None of you still do. You just want to fucking sodomize each other and do whatever the fuck you want.

We all talk so casually about Christ's return. Despite the fact that it's supposed to be the biggest holocaust the world has ever known. That friendly guy you know who is buttfucking his wife? He's dead meat. There will be bodies and death everywhere. And Christians act like it's a fucking walk in the park.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is that 3 days in Hell during the resurrection period of Easter? In the original testiment, it's fun to note that it specifically stated he went to Hades, which relates to my constant talking of how much older mythology played a part in Christian text. Hades it said. But I was always led to believe that it was more like the Limbo world, he saved souls that weren't in Hell or Heaven.

Ostara in old German mythology also did the same thing every year on the lunar cycle, which is why the date of Easter changes every year so it doesn't land on the lunar cycle, which then abolishes any coincidences with Ostara. But it's quite laughable considering Easter is the English word for Ostara.

Running Horse likes this.
  10. wooleeheron

People often ask, "What if God was one of us?" But nobody thinks to give Satan the time of day. How people can call themselves good Christians and refuse to be charitable to Satan and try to welcome him into the family like their long lost proverbial son, defies imagination. Forgiveness is impossible unless we can say no to ourselves and, if you can't say no to yourself, the lion is prowling in your mind, and you need to forgive Satan.

11. When I read the New Testament he didn't have any crazy adventures in Hell. Who knows what was written. There is a separation between the old Lucifer of the Old Testament and the Lucifer that comes after the New Testament and that developed during the Middle Ages, though, I believe.

Lucifer was just an angel who saw how corrupt humans were and reported this back to God. People began to hate him because they couldn't get away with their bullshit is all. Now we see it all filtered through our "Satan is evil" goggles. But I really think he just wasn't in a position to be compassionate to these humans, his love and respect for God being so great. People call him the tempter, meaning they suggest he tempts God (which isn't true,) and the accuser, which means he accuses humans. Which is true. He accuses humans of shit they're guilty of doing. Maybe it goes too far sometimes, but hey, he's not infallible like God. My favorite angel. Lucifer. Maybe...Michael's pretty cool.

12. I agree totally. Can you imagine what it would be like to be as banished as Satan allegedly is? It would be unbearable. People are like, "Well, he is Satan..." But that's no excuse. That's one of God's creations.

13. wooleeheron

In the beginning, God farted, and the legend of lucifer was born. You really can't blame a guy with such a hard job for becoming rather cynical and calloused and, even flipping his lid altogether, but when Jesus died he didn't resurrect for three days, and rumor has it that he decided hell might be a better place to hang out for a few days after being nailed to the cross.

14. wooleeheron

Some Taoists believe in a hell, but yin-yang dynamics in this life exclude both the best and the worst possibilities, normalizing everything as if we were infants requiring bland food and a bland universe. As a child I wondered how humanity had survived this long, and yin-yang dynamics are the only explanation that's even remotely plausible.

15. Get serious, woo. This isn't a thread for talk of farts.

Hell is a place you go when you can't reconcile the shit you did on Earth, because when you die you fully realize all of the pain you caused while on Earth. Some things you never get over. At least not for a long, long time.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And there was war in heaven. Michael and his Angels fought against the dragon and the dragon fought, and his angels, but prevailed not. Neither was their place found anymore in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the Devil and Satan, he who deceivieth the whole world, he was cast out into the earth and his angels were cast out with him.

Better to reign in hell.

17. wooleeheron

Tomorrow's love is the gift of awareness, without which, even Satan is destined to suffer. Satan has no dreams, only nightmares, and he is as mindless as chicken pecking angrily pecking away at anything that moves. If he is beyond redemption, that means he is not in our universe, and we must invite him to redeem himself in our universe. It may require seven generations, but that's nothing to Satan!

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

19. wooleeheron

Dante was obviously a man of little faith, and the worst nightmares.

20. We're not talking about Satan or the Devil or Mephistopheles. We're talking about the real Lucifer of the original stories where he is a wonderful angel of light. Light bearer. Lucifer.

That said, if an angel were as admonished as Lucifer allegedly is, I would take pity on him. But I believe that Lucifer never fell. He is still right at God's side, pointing out what truly pieces of shit you all are.