I love Japan

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Amaya, May 2, 2007.

1. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

OK---before I get anyone into trouble-----do not use any of that Japanese-----I am joking on all of it. Let me translate it for you:

This is a crude word for referring to female genitalia. If you add the suru verb (to do) it becomes a crude word for having sex. A word of caution---the female name, Kazuko, can be spelled in Kanji with the character 'man' (10,000) for Kazu----it looks like Manko, but it isn't. Names often have a special reading for kanji.

This literally means, "Shall we do it?", or "Let's do it." Yes---I'm talking about sex.

This would definitely get you into trouble----it says, "Hey, I've got a bomb." When they ask you at the airport, "Did you pack your own bags? be sure and answer, "Yes, but someone else taught me Japanese and I don't know for sure what I am saying..."

And of course, this one says, "There are drugs hidden in this bag."

I could just imagine you guys greeting all those polite Japanese, early in the morning, with this insult of angry yakuza calibre: Eat sh*t.

2. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Sorry---I had to split this up, because there were too many quotes:

This is in Kansai dialect, such as Osaka dialect (Osakaben) which is generally considered more crude by Tokyo people anyway. But it says, "You don't have any brains do you." It is like to telling someone they are retarded.

Where is this village's (town's) opium den?

This is considered the worst phrase or insult in Japan---even though I think there are worse ones---but this is basically a very rude way of starting a fight. It roughly translates to "Let's do this!"

Another one in Kansai dialect----it is not offering help---it says, "I'll break your head open!" and the "Do" in front of head---this is an Osaka way of adding emphasis to the noun----in this case it could be like, 'Damn.'

This means----"Hurry up and die" not excuse me----it is used as a mean insult.

This means "How much?" But when directed at women, especially at night, when you aren't buying something, and particularly in a place like Ginza, or Roppongi----there is no question that you are asking how mcu for sexual services. However, it is not too uncommon for Japanese guys, especially after a bit of drinking, to ask foreign women this question in those areas.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I feel bad for them too. They're so weird ;) :D

4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Japan is a wonderful place to visit and there are few places on earth as beautiful as Hokkaido. But living there has been romanticized by the West in a weird way. It's a pretty nationalistic, racist, sexist, homogenized society where the citizens are expected to subscribe to the hive mind mentality. Individuality is not a thing. I was there for a few hours before I realized just how truly American I was. I loved Japan but at the same time I couldn't get back home fast enough.

Wonderful place to visit (can't emphasize that part enough)

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've never been to Japan. You have me curious! :)

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I love Japan also and I feel bad what happend to them.. (The bombing)