I love Japan

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Amaya, May 2, 2007.

1. Amaya

Amaya Member

I REALLY wanna meet talk to some nice Japanese people.
    I love the culture and want to live there so...
    please talk to me?

1 person likes this.
  2. Musikero

Musikero Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, I love Japan too although I will probably always consider my country as home. Have you been there? Where are you from, anyway? Do you speak Japanese? You'll have to start learning if you want to live there because few can speak English fluently.

3. tat

tat Member

I was born and brought up in Japan and I'm 100% Japanese :)
    I recommend those who love Japan to visit some chatrooms which server
    is located in Japan. I mean the Japanese chatters in English chat rooms
    are usually fluent in English and I have seen some of them started
    "net love" thing via chatrooms ;)
    And the best way to learn about Japan and Japanese is to live in Japan :)

4. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Japan is a wonderful country. I like to think of it as my second home :)

5. Just_curious

Just_curious Member

I SO BADLY WANT TO LIVE THERE! I only know some words and simple phrases such as "How areyou?" but the actually lettering is mind boggling!

6. Musikero

The japanese grammatical structure is different from the english one. Linking verbs like is and am are put at the end of the sentence. So a sentence like "what is this?" will be like this: "Kore wa nani desu ka?" (This what is?)

7. Just_curious

Just_curious Member

... and they say english is the hardest language to learn!? pffft

8. Musikero

It is if you've been using a different language since birth.

9. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

This is actually complete bollocks. English is not the most difficult language to learn. Infact we are way down the list of world's most difficult languages to learn!
    For starters, Czech is a far more difficult European Language to master, particularly grammatically, as is Russian.
    Tonal languages like Thai, African languages, Punjabi, Urdu, Japanese .... pretty damned hard. Cheyenne Language of Native Americans / or Algonquian languages are also incredibly difficult.

The only reason people find English difficult to learn is mainly due to us having so many tenses. However, I've asked many people whether they find English difficult to learn and most of them have actually said "NO!"

But, it all depends on the learner.

10. Anastazija

Anastazija Member

I also love Japan! The culture, the language, Manga, movies... Everything! I will go there one day!

11. tat

tat Member

I wish I could have a huge house to welcome pp from all over the world to Japan.

12. Amaya

Amaya Member

do you think that you could give me some websites?

13. matthew26

matthew26 Member

I've been to Tokyo a couple of times already and I must say that not only is the country beautiful but the people are friendly as well. They mostly keep to themselves (which actually scares me sometimes since you won't know what they're thinking).

Regarding the language, the reason why Americans have a harder time learning Japanese (and vice-versa) is because of the difference in sentence structure. Think of Yoda from Star Wars, the way he talks is actually pretty close to how a Nihongo sentence is composed.

14. Amaya

Amaya Member

so true, I seem to be getting the hang of the language, but my one friend can't seem to understand the whole sentence structure of Nihongo...

15. wutaoao

wutaoao Guest

I just know the japanese AV is very famous, others are rubbish.

16. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I like Japan. I don't like manga freaks though.

17. aglae

aglae Members

Sadly I only got to live in Japan for 5 months, but me and my boyfriend have made it our goal to go back to live there for longer. I really hope it will happen. We both know the basics (only speaking - not written sadly) in Japanese, and I know how hard it is to work there without speaking Japanese...hoping our "exotism" will get us somehwere! :p

18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I love Japan also and I feel bad for them!!

19. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

[SIZE=10.5pt]The best way to learn Japanese is to learn it from a local, so that when you go to Japan, you will talk naturally. I have a real, good friend that is teaching me to talk like a local so that when I go there I will talk just like everyone else. This friend is so wonderful. Let me share some of what I have learned:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Omanko----this means miss or misses. For example, Omanko Yamamoto-san (Miss (or Mrs.) Yamamoto-san[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]When you meet a woman out in public, it is always nice to say, Are shiyou ka (“Lovely day for a walk.”) Women can also say this to men.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]This is handy on the airplane: Kora, bakudan aru zo (Stewardess, may I have a coke?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And this one at immigration and customs: Kono kaban ni mayaku kakushitearu. (Here is my passport).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]This one is important: kuso kurae (Good Morning)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And if you want to compliment someone on their intelligence, or doing a good job on something: Anta wa notarin ya na (You are really smart, or you did good.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Here are other useful phrases:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Kono machi no ahenkutsu wa doko kai (Where is the post office)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Shite komasu (How are you young men doing on this fine evening?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Do atama kachiwaru ya de (Let me help you)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hayou shine (Excuse me)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Ikura desu ka (Good evening miss) [/SIZE]

20. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

お早うございまする。げんきですか?