I live in a Muslim country

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by MasterSeal, Jun 13, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

A dip? A dipshit? Why? for not being a Muslim in a Muslim country? I don't get you. If he isn't a Muslim he hasn't got to obey the same rules etc. He seems like he isn't going rape anybody. He just can't get laid. A problem that occurs all over the world, I would imagine. If you are less angry, could you reply from the perspective of him NOT being a Muslim?

2. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

What are you angry for? What does his situation got to do with you? Are you angry with everyone who lives in a Muslim country, because you currently don't? Or just with those who don't see it as such a great thing as you do?

Where would you like to move?

3. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

I've been a non-muslim and I have no intention returning to that dark period in my life. Therefore even if my responses do appear hypocritical or like that of someone that was once an alcoholic preaching about alcoholism... So be it, my non-muslim life is over and I'm happily in the process of reconciling the last elements into the rubbish bin. I'm a muslim and I will always respond as a muslim and nothing else.

So to answer your question,
    When you live in a nation you have to respect the rules of that nation. And I'll hold that ground against other muslims living in here in the UK.

Therefore if he's a non-muslim living in a muslim nation he has to comply with the rules. I'm sure he's allowed reasonable accommodations and no one is forcing him to pray 5 times daily, go to mosque on friday or eat halal meat. But flirting with women and looking for sex??? If that's what he wants than he should move to a western nation.

My problem is that I would LOVE living in Yemen or Bahrain or Saudi Arabia or Malaysia or any other hundreds of possible Islamic nations. But instead I'm stuck here in the UK where the men flirt and look for recreational sex.

4. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I thought you would choose Dubai or Turkey.

How do you think you would be accepted in Saudi Arabia? This isn't a rhetorical question. I really am curious. Does what you do in your life count from the moment you convert in a certain religion or do you have to look at your entire life from the prism of that religion? What does your religion say about it and how do people of different Muslim countries interpret it?

5. odonII

odonII O

Resistance isn't futile

Thanks. That makes sense. I think he should be respectful, but he doesn't have to be Muslim by default, if you get what I mean.

6. MasterSeal

MasterSeal Member

Guys.. I already said I'm atheist..

7. odonII

odonII O

I heard you.

8. Resistance isn't futile

I've visted Turkey and it's... ok. Just not first on my list.

As far as my religion is concerned. The moment I came to Islam Allah(swt) forgave my past. Amongst other muslims, they don't even want to know what my past was. And it's very much disliked if someone uses a revert's(aka convert) pre-Islam past against them without good reason.

Now if I was cating around today like I did before I was a muslim, I would be ostracised. As I should be! My body is now reserved only for the man that will be my husband and absolutely no one else.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The pendulum swings.

10. MasterSeal

MasterSeal Member

Resistance isn't futile..

The Hijab is optional in all Muslim countries except Afghanistan, Iran and Saudi Arabia.

People make the nation. Not the other way around.

You had a difficult life, and you found comfort in a religion called Islam, from your lack of knowledge I can easily assume you just threw yourself in a holy comfort zone but regardless of whether I'm right or wrong, it is your choice.. congratulations.

I was in an Islamic school for a long time, after knowing a lot of varified A-hadith and details on Islam and Muhammad, I grew tired of justifying barbarism, let alone putting a primitive philosophy before my own logic and sense of justice and humanity. Islam is clear and direct with it's message, and I don't like what it has to say. For some reason, it gives you comfort, and you have the right to enjoy that journey.

As for comparing women to "candy", I suggest you stop thinking so low of yourself. You're a woman. Not an object. You're beautiful and you're equal to a man. (News flash: Sex is only sex when it's mutual, if not, it's rape. Dear.) This comparison is sick because in an Islamic society, somehow it applies on women and not men who have the authority to fuck 4 wives and "Ma tamlek-ho aymanekom" (Sex Slaves - and don't even try to change or justify the definition of this verse)

You're not here to answer my question so I don't see the point of your participation in a topic just because it has the word "Islam" in it.

11. OhReally

OhReally Guest

you are a woman and you willingly converted or rather reverted (more fitting because you are going backwards) to Islam?

WHY???????
    Are you really that naive?
    I fear you would be very disillusioned and quite possibly end up a corpse if you moved to one of those countries. Dogs with rabies are treated better than women there.

12. Resistance isn't futile

Totally backwards because it's the same faith that Abraham established after cleansing the houses of worship of false idols. Furthermore no one is born a jew or a christian, they're taught it by their parents. Whereas all newborns have a simple innate faith in Allah(swt). Lastly it's revert because the Yahweh of the jews, God of the christians and Allah(swt) are the same God. No one can "convert" from worshiping the same God to worshiping the same God.

To this I totally and happily forfeited my life to the praise and worship of Allah(swt). I did it with both my eyes open and with my heart as an empty vessel yearning to be filled with water Allah(swt) wishes. From the day that I stopped several muslim women in the street in front of my flat. I have made a commitement that whatever may happen to me in my life, good or horribly bad, I will praise and thank Allah(swt) for it.

Now I ask myself the following questions whenever I hear someone speak negative about Islam.

1. Are they muslims?
    2. If NO.. Have the read the Qu'ran or any other supporting material about Islam?
    3. If NO... Do they know any muslims?

If they can't answer yes to at least one of those questions. I ask the simple questions as to what information they have and where they found it, so as to make them qualified to comment on negatively on the faith of more than 1.6 billion people.

13. MasterSeal

MasterSeal Member

Dear women, this is why I left Islam. I respect you too much. Even Muslim women themselves.

Yeah, I love sex. Islam however is a rapist's wet dream. I'm glad I no longer have anything to do with it as Resistance is Futile no longer has anything to do with her non-muslims life.

14. Resistance isn't futile

Now watch almost no one read more than 1 sentence before slagging off their odium.

Men have the responsibilty of providing and taking care of their women. By contrast if a wife should choose to work and earn her own money. She's not obligated at all to spend even 2p of her own keepings.

Now you're going after hadith literature,
    This literature is a rich and fascinating look into the life of the Prophet (pbuh) Perhaps one of the greatest aspects of this body of work is the fact that many women shared in the transmission and preservation of the Prophet's legacy. Make note that if it weren't for the Prophet's wives(mabpwta), countless facets of the Prophet's life would have been lost to all generations after. For those who claim that women have no holdings in Islamic history, then I advise them to learn about the phenomenal contributions of women like Aisha, Hafsa, and Umm Salama... (mabpwta).

When you examine the hadiths you have to approach them with some understand of their contexts. There are Hadith Scholars, past and present, that have devoted their entire lives to memorizing, understanding, classifying, authenticating and commenting on the thousands of traditions associated with the Prophet(pbuh)

No one should be taking one hadith and going running silly nilly with it. If someone wants to know more about any hadith, then they should go to an expert and ask him or her what it means. Unfortunately white Anglo-Saxon protestants don't seem to understand the concept Islam calls, "husn al-dhan," otherwise known in english as "the benefit of the doubt."

When looking at the hadiths the first thing anyone should keep in mind is they may not have sufficient knowledge of the Arabic language in order to draw any conclusion about the hadith.

Then they need to understand that they are looking at one hadith in thousands. And to this fact there are literally arm loads of hadiths that speak very positively of women and make it very clear that men are supposed to honor them!

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. "

[Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 2]

Or how about a hadith that indicates there's more women in paradise(heaven) then there are men.

Muhammad reported that some (persons) stated with a sense of pride and some discussed whether there would be more men in Paradise or more women. It was upon this that Abu Huraira reported that Abu'l Qasim (the Holy Prophet) (pbuh) said: The (members) of the first group to get into Paradise would have their faces as bright as full moon during the night, and the next to this group would have their faces as bright as the shining stars in the sky, and every person would have two wives and the marrow of their shanks would glimmer beneath the flesh and there would be none without a wife in Paradise.

Or how about this one that indicates that both men and women are spirtually equal. As both are promised a peaceful abode in Paradise with loving spouses.

[Muslim, Book 040, Number 6793]

It looks like this was a topic of debate even in the early days of Islam. It's important to also keep in mind that the Qur'an frequently mentions the presence of hoor al-ain, or beautiful virgins, in Paradise. The Qur'an says, "But those who attain to faith and do righteous deeds We shall bring into gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide beyond the count of time; there shall they have spouses pure: and [thus] We shall bring them unto happiness abounding." [Al-Nisa, 4:57]

Now the Prophet(pbuh), had seen certain behavior from the women of his community. Therefore out of love and concern, he warned them that certain behaviors would send them to Hell instead of Paradise. When a woman is absolved of all financial and legla responsiblity of the household, then Ingratitude is serious problem.

The scholars frequently explain that hadiths can apply to both sexes. Personally I'm greatful to the Prophet(pbuh) because he warned us/me of the consequences of such unbecoming behaviors.

Having cleared all that up. I don't believe you're in an Islamic nation and I don't think you ever were a muslim. Afterall you would have already known all of this written above. But since I have no problem giving you the benefit of the doubt. I need to practice my arabic language skills. It's only been a few weeks since I started learning it and I sure could the practice and you could prove your from a former muslim.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

+rep......Great Post...:)

Cheers Glen.

16. MasterSeal

MasterSeal Member

Resistance isn't futile, you are cherry-picking and dodging brutally barbaric ideas that came straight of Muhammad's mouth. The 'Context' is not a card you can pick to white-wash everything, I did this too when I was Muslim. Also, showing me supposedly good things he said does not refute bad things that he said. He said both. The 'Respect' Islam has for women is terribly flawed. The fact a Muslim needs to get out of his way to justify the bad A-hadith, but not the good A-ahadith make it clear that's there's a problem.

In Islam, men are above women in sexual rights (4 wives and "Ma Tamlekho aymanekom". Sex slaves) while also asking of women to have sex whenever a man pleases, even when on a 'camel saddle'. Men are above women in financial rights, and the Quran dares to even suggest violence against woman as an option, and ahadith where women are told that they are ignorant and that they'd be the majority in hell; when you had more Muslim men raping Sex slaves, beating their wives, those days than women that are 'ungrateful to their husbands'.

Being an attorney when keeping our religion first because it makes us feel good, and our logic second is actually pretty easy, and fun - what's difficult and courageous is to see things the way they really are

17. Resistance isn't futile

@MasterSeal

I'm having a difficult time translating the following phrase :

[FONT=&amp]بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم[/FONT]

Some help would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

18. MasterSeal

MasterSeal Member

It says Bism allah al-raheem. "In the name of god, the most merciful". It's the opening to all Surahs in the Quran.

19. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

She has been brainwashed so good that she is willing, and actually asks for being treated as a dog. No point in arguing really. She will have to witness this treatment first hand on herself before she realizes that she willingly gave up her life to people she knows nothing about.

20. Resistance isn't futile

Thanks! But I was able to work out a more complete translation.

The romanized version is bismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm

Which translates to
    In the name of Allah(swt), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Now my assignment is to write a letter of thanks to a brother. But I'm lost so here is my try

أبدأ بالشكر للأخ الكريم سيدي محيب ساءلا لله الإستجابة على كل ما دعاه