I like the old forum better

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by maryjaneguitargurl, May 8, 2004.

1. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

The old forum was better. its like the other forums not the same wahwahhwahh oh well. Can you put a picture on ur profile like u could on the old one?

2. Danimal

Danimal Member

After a while you'll never remember the old forum.
    I'm sure somethings have been lost, but they'll get them back.
    This is much better in my opinion.

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

This is pretty new, i am sure there will be a few changes before its done...Hopefully we will see some of our old posts again!

4. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

fuck yeah, the old forum was SO much better. i know we need to give this time,but i was LESS THAN 50 POSTS AWAY FROM 1000!!!!!! :(

5. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Yeah these forums suck. I was a senior member and now am labeled as a guest. WTF???

6. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

7. Velouria

Velouria Member

The old forums felt much more personal for some reason. I definitely miss them.

8. Marlyn

Marlyn Member

I like the old ones to, but change is always good, maybe i'll get used to it and start liking these ones better.

9. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I don't like it! It took me two years to get used to using the old forums. I'm crap with computers and all that jazz..

10. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

oh, i know what you mean by the old forums being more personal. i liked the old ones better too :( i thought i had gone to the wrong site at first y'know :) hehehe:)

11. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

yea...these look like so hmm, too modern, too robotic!
    But we might get used to them, and I don't know, it might get even better than it used to be!

12. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

i miss the groovy backgrounds and the pretty stars :(

13. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Nicks & numbers of threads are not important.
    But I'm sad, and I think it's senseless to delete hundreds of open threads just for the purpose of introducing this fancy new image.
    I'm also worried that many people will quit, because of their frustrations of this. I almost did, since I haven't received a mail in advance (which is also a serious critique to direct). -I just found out about all this a few hours ago, and I was totally confused, because I didn't hear anything about it.

love and understanding,
    noose.

14. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

:confused:

I feel so lost.. I mean I'm not saying this or the other was better, I haven't been around this one long enough to judge it. But everything has changed and I miss our old threads.. hope they'll put them back.

15. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Wolfie, the lost posts wasn't a product of the new way. The server host screwed the pooch!! One of their techs was doing maintenance and messed up, deleting, as I understand it, damn near all of Hipforums. The server host had not backed up the site (a violation of the contract), and here we are. Skip is working, as only he can, to restore what he can. Have patience everyone.:)

Y'know, what's funny to me is that the majority of folks who are saying "I don't like the new" are using the functionality of the new in their posts and sigs.:rolleyes:

WALK THE TALK, KIDDIES!!!:p

It's ALL good.:)

16. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

ok, thanks for letting me know - holy something, what a drag, dont you think? :-(
    I dont want just to complain without being positive and constructive. don't misunderstand. It's just a little confusing, all this - especially because we weren't being mailed in advance.

love and understanding,
    noose.

17. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

to me its just like the other forums the same as the otheres so boring

18. LadyComet

LadyComet Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This place needs to become more colorful! We need to hand out paint, crayons, markers and other coloring items and everyone begin coloring!!!!!!

19. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

whine whine whine. I went through 2 forum changes, its not that big of a deal really, just need to get used to a little change.

20. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As all accounts are being registered all users have been labeld GUEST. Major work getting the forums back up and running is still being undergone, user titles will be looked at soon. Note: Once you are set validated you can give yourself a user tiles under the USER CP menu at the top of the screen, it will replace your Defaut User title. Moderators will still have access to your group. Giving yourself a user title including the words Moderator, Webmaster, Administrator, ect are not approriate.