I know this isn't just a women's issue but...

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by honeyhannah, Jan 10, 2005.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I don't know where else to put it...

Anyway dealt or dealing with eating disorders and if so, how are you dealing with it or how have you dealt with it in terms of when your body and your heart are telling you one thing and your mind knows it is wrong...like how do you make yourself eat despite the way you feel physically and emotionally. Logically you know it is something you need to do, but you can't make yourself do it???

Thanks...

--Mera :)

2. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Hi Mera,

I went though an ED thing when I was about 14, 15. If you want to talk, PM me ok? I'm around a lot, I'd love to talk.

3. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

If you're in post-secondary or any education, there should be some resources available... I know the university I attend has some very good resources for eating disorders (I haven't accessed them, else I'd give you more info) Maybe there's a clinic around who can recommend a cheap or free counsellor (someone who can donate their time to help those who are truly in need of help but without the resources to afford it)

good luck, I hope you can work your way through this. Just remember - the people who truly love you will love you whether or not you have five more pounds than last month.

4. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

I had an eating disorder from like 6th grade to my senior year of highschool I was in and out of residential treatment through all of highschool... If you want to talk you can pm me. I hope everything works out for you hunny... its rough.

5. anastasia

anastasia Member

yeah i definately went down that road- i was never anorexic but i was taking ipecec about 3 times a day- my friends were erally concerned ab me etc etc but it didnt help- you cant make the change until you are finally at one with yourself and with your body- like it just kinda happened overnight and i didnt want to anymore bc i realized that were all going to die anyway sometime so why not just enjoy life and not care what i look like while enjoying it- plus i learned to love my body the way it is and i realized there was never any reason for me to be doing it bc i have always een tiny- people who havent ever ahd an eating disorder dont understand the persons motives- htey assume that the girl is doing it for attention or to have mroe friends or to get a boyfriend but in reality its usually bc they are convinced that they look bad- once you change your mind aboutt hat your homefree- the only hard part is getting out of the habit- bc its like okay i just ate a hue dinner- what would i normally do now..oh yeh i cant do that anymore. but thats the easy part. good luck!!