I just want to go

Discussion in 'Find-A-Ride' started by LostOne, Jun 1, 2004.

1. LostOne

LostOne Member

Hello all, I have no destination, I have no ties to where I am curenty at and I just want to go,man. I am not really lookin for a ride to any specific place, but if anybody out there just wants a travel partner let me know. My lease to my apartment is up in september so i am leaving then anyway, but if i get the urge i'll just buy out my lease and hit the road, i have wanted to do this for a while now, but frankly i am a bit frightened, it is am intimidating prospect to just hit the road and not look back and not have a place to look back to, but I am ready. I know this may not be the best place to post this, but i figured if i wandered in here with the hope of finding a travel plan or travel partner/s maybe someone else will too. by the ay if anyone is interested, I am 21 years old

2. peacegypsy

peacegypsy Member

Hey LostOne,
    I have been thinking about traveling for a while now too. But...I haven't been able to save anything because of bills and stuff. I thought about selling my car to get a little cash though. Anyways, I just want to hit the road and experience a new life style, see new things, meet new people and learn. I was going to head out to the national rainbow gathering in July but I don't know if I can find a ride. I would love to have someone to travel around with that just goes where the wind blows and wants to have a good time. By the way, I'm a 21 year old female.

3. MoonIsBright

MoonIsBright Member

Where is the national rainbow gathering held at. I would really like to go.

Still Trippin

4. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

Heh, I know somebody who wants to do the same thing...they are planning on like walking cross country or something.

5. Mamajones

Mamajones Member

Hey Moon!Gathering is in No.Cal this year.Check out welcomehome.org. Peace1

6. MoonIsBright

MoonIsBright Member

Thanks for the info i might have to do that.

7. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

hey kids:) ive been lookin' for someone to travel with too. ive got lots of hitch hiking experience and i know this country like the back of my hand. i want to get outta here soon. as soon as possible. lets go see what we can see. drop me a line anytime. lovin' yall.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

8. darkstar8413

darkstar8413 Member

im in the same boat. im in northern kentucky and am looking to get out as soon as possible. the money has got me. i have a car that could comfortably hold 4 people with some possesions but i've got like 60 bucks right now. i want to travel and hopefully make some dead shows this summer for sure. you seem a dead fan terrapin....

9. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

im a deadhead born and bred. lets hit up some shows this summer bro. im up in Pa but i could easily get down to kentucky. hit me up if yer interested.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

10. darkstar8413

darkstar8413 Member

sounds good man. i'll look for you on AIM. im on pretty sporatically so hopeful i catch you. if our timing is messed then feel free to email me

11. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

Hey lost one. I've never done it before but I'm hitting the road alone in September. I plan on heading to Vancouver and maybe the island for awhile and then its to Cali. I want to check out the Christian Hippie house in San Fran near the Haight Ashbury. Im really stoked about his and would love to meet up with any phamily along the way. PM me if you'd like to know more,
    peace and love

12. busboy5447

busboy5447 Member

I too am thinking about hitting the road. I will probably wait to go until september or october to give me time to fix the van up a little and get some cash stashed.

13. darkstar8413

darkstar8413 Member

how come this never happens anymore? fuck it, let's ALL meet up.

14. ozzy63347

ozzy63347 Member

i am in buffalo ny i want to get to the zendrik farm in NC I NEED YOUR HELP

15. LostOne

LostOne Member

Hello all, I started this thread in like june or july and then i never got back on to check the responses. Good ole misfortune smiled her wicked smile upon my life and I got stuck with probabtion for questioning a cop's authority (of course the report said i did all kinds of shit) So any ways, Fortune smiled her lovley smile upon my life and I got a cool probation officer who is going to let me get off early.

The point is that my new lease is up in April and I am fucking goin, man. Be it alone or with companions, but I must escape this wretched existence before madness sets in.

So if anyone is interested in traveling just let me know. I am looking for some cool people with an open mind and a good heart to travel with. So just let me know whats going on, i will be checking periodically as i do not have a computer i must go to the library to do this.

Peace and Love

16. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

You go guy. April's my ETD too and I'm going going gone until September on the road with my job and my satellite internet and my kids, and maybe my husband I don't know. Damnit, he just thinks a rig is gonna fall into his lap and holler "get off yer ass and let's go!" when I think it takes more planning than that.
    Anyway, best of luck to you I hope you get your deal together, I mean a bike is all you really need, and an open mind.

17. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

For anyone who is wanting to live life ont he road please give me a shout. environmental_junkie@hotmail.com

Everyday there seems to be someone else new contacting me about and hopefully all my plans will start up soon enough.

18. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

bad idea

19. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Hey, thought I'd update... wasn't very nice of me to imply my husband wasn't on board with me. He really stepped up and we're closing the deal on a rig on Thursday, knock on wood don't wanna jinx it!!
    So I've got a road job and he's got a lot of things in mind for making a living too. We've got two kids in the mix to take care of so there has to be some more structure, but still based totally on freedom. Anyway, so we have a Club wagon van and soon a nice trailer so we have room if you wanna hop on:
    April- 4 corners, New Mexico rainbow
    May- Arizona
    June- Colorado to National Rainbow
    July- I don't know
    August- Pennsylvania
    September- back to Utah
    next April-- do it all over again!!!
    *edit-- basically if there's anywhere worth going in these general routes we want to go there :)
    PM me if you're interested!
    Becca

20. Gratephul426

Gratephul426 Member

I want to go too! I just graduated college and I am ready to go..I don't really care where...a beach would be nice though! I have an SUV so I can fit a lot of stuff if anyone is interested let me know...I'm going to Georgia for the week with the family but I am ready to leave for good now!! Please let me know if anyone's interested...I'm 22 year old female...