I just planted some L.Williamsii seeds!

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Shivaya, Mar 16, 2011.

1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I'd like to go through the ritual of preparing my own chemicals.... 2C-x, LSD, DOx, what have you.... But I have some education to work on before I can do that. Wouldn't it feel fucking epic, though, to know that you've created a safe, pure chemical, and know exactly what it is, no chinese labs in the picture? And then get to dose YOUR chemical? Perhaps more empowering than preparing your own plants.... Though the symbiotic experience with plants is pretty cool too.

Also, cannabissoul, what did you pay for that peruvianus? I mean, it's a nice chunky, healthy looking plant, but if it's sold as an ornamental, I hope to high hell you got a discount on a stumped trunk with a branch growing out the side..... It does look like a peruvian torch, though, they did tell you right.

2. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I've started removing the plastic wrap - slowly making more and more holes, and making them bigger and bigger. Like I've said, last time I really killed the cactus by drying them too much and I want to avoid that now.

Thanks for the advice, though!

Well, it definitely is a long process, but I think it will pay off in the end.
    I'll have a lot of respect for the plants when I'm done growing them, and because I've spent so long growing and nurturing the cacti, I'll probably take the experience much more seriously than I would if it were just some 2C-X or MDMA that I bought and ate in the following few hours.

@ RooRshack:

That seems like a good idea about gradually building up the soil line.. I'll probably do just that starting in a little bit. Maybe I'll try to let those skinnier yoties fatten up a bit before I start adding more soil to the pot.

I paid 15$ for that Peruvian Torch. It was probably a little overpriced since I bought it from a local headshop, however I do enjoy supporting the local community, and it did come with the root system already on the cacti, which I should think makes it a little more valuable than a non-rooted cutting (which seems to be what you get online for the most part).

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Oh, that's not too bad then, it looks like an alright one.

I was thinking 25-30, that they'd said "it's a foot total" and screwed you like that. But I think I'd pay 15 for it, if it's as big as it looks.

4. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

It seems he kinda did get screwed just a lil. That is in no way a peruvian torch. Look at the areole and the appearance and number of spines. It's a San Pedro root stock with a pup. 15$ isnt bad but for that much a lot of places (wal-mart) you can get a foot or more of rooted cutting often with multiple pups. If you give it ample light (careful not to sunburn :sunny:) and feed it and give it some balanced, organic fertilizer once a month it can grow a foot or more during the season. Also there is the chance that the root stock may put out more pups. Not a total rip-off, but unfortunately true peruvian torches are hard to find. To find one at a head shop would be insanely lucky.

Contact Icaro for some true p. torch seeds and germinate those. That way you can be 100% what you have is peruvian torch and you can start a small army of them for about what you paid for that san pedro.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Creating your own chem from scratch would certainly feel like an accomplishment and id be more than elated to create my own MDMA and LSD. Having done an extract of mescaline from San Pedro and done the brew as well, I will say I think there is something absolutely irreplacable about preparing and consuming a San Pedro brew and I imagine the same could be said about peyote and ayahuasca as well.

San pedro is quite a humbling experience for me so creating your own chem may very well feel more empowering and a bigger ego trip.

6. CannbisSouL

I figured as much after looking around on the internet a little bit. Ah well, like I say, I don't mind supporting the local headshop even if they don't sell the plants they claim. :p

I've got some Peruvian Torch seeds I've been trying to germinate for a little while now.. they're definitely far slower than the peyote seeds, however who knows if they might just be old/have bad genetics.

I guess if these seeds never come through then I will just have to order some from icaro. You learn from your mistakes. :2thumbsup:

7. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

FYI those torch seeds aren't doing anything for me either so far...

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This thread has me contemplating a San Pedro journey this week. :2thumbsup:

9. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

^^^of the brewed variety or the extract?

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^Brewed and possibly have some extra to start work on for extract as well. :sunny: I dunno though, this probably would not be the best week but this thread has me excited about all forms of mescaline to be honest.

11. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i am quite excited for it as well. my friends have been expressing some interest in it as well. the same ones that dropped hoffmans while camping last summer. we might plan a similar *trip this summer.

12. Shivaya

Does extracted mesc last as long as if you eat the cactus?

13. CannbisSouL

Good luck with your cacti experience if you go for it, Guerilla. I agree, this thread has me dreaming of mescaline as well. ;)

Yesterday I looked at my yoties, and in that pot with the long and skinny peyote I can see two more cacti starting to creep out from under the soil. I highly doubt these tiny, shrivelled cacti are going to make it.

14. Shivaya

crazy! how long ago did had you planted them?

15. CannbisSouL

It's been about 6-7 months since I initially planted the seeds. For being such fragile plants, at least the seeds are pretty hardy!

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have limited experience with extract but it seemed maybe slightly shorter but the onset was quicker so I may need more trials. I kinda drifted off to sleep that night too so I may have been still tripping, I've fallen asleep during a full cacti trip as well.

I haven't had any 16 hour long trips with San Pedro like I've heard people report, I'd say the trip peters out around the 8 hour mark and then usually a few hours of very calm residual effects, although I have got a headache from it a couple times.

17. Shivaya

Thanks for the info!