I just need to tell someone...

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by specialized, Apr 11, 2007.

1. specialized

specialized Member

I just found out I am pregnant. The problem is, my husband of 7 years left me 6 months ago and this pregnancy is from a stupid one night stand. I am in my mid-30's and always wanted kids. My husband and I have not been together (sex) since he left and we have managed to have a wonderful friendship (which is why I haven't filed for divorce yet - hoping for reconciliation). Now what do I do? I know it is SO not the right time to have this baby but I'm so afraid that this will be my only chance to have one (especially considering my age). The thing is, barely anyone knows that my husband and I split up so announcing my pregnancy...from another man...will be awkward to say the least. ARGH!!!

2. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

personally, id tell your husband and work it out from there. i mean, hes the only other person who (you know of atm at least) may be involved in this childs life aside from teh one night stand (who would only be involved if hes amazingly responsible an dyou have his contact info still). you can sort it out with everyone else later on, after you decide what to do or talk it out with your husband at least

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i would tell the hubby and if he is ok and you get back together you probably don't have to worry about explaining it to everyone.............. it is none of their business, unless the baby looks absolutely nothing like your hubby.. which then people would wonder..........

4. DepTh

DepTh Member

abortion

5. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Wow, what a horrible situation to be in! And I though I had it bad. What kind of advice can one really give? Tell your husband obviously, but beyond that, man I dont know. Hopefully your husband is calm and understanding. Good luck! (Im not going to say anything about one night stands, other than that Im not going to say anything about it ;) ) :)

6. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Well, considering your age, yeah, you probably should have the kid seeing as how you've always wanted children, that's it really.

Telling your husband you had sex with another man is never easy, but you were split up right?

Yeah, I don't know your husband but since he left you, I don't think you can expect him to come back because you're pregnant, that depends of course on what he's done, has he hooked up with anyone?

You're in a tough spot, I would personally tell you to keep the kid, you want children, this may be your last chance, go for it, where there's a will there's a way.