I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

Discussion in 'Humor Books' started by novarys, Dec 28, 2007.

1. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Has anyone read it?

Just got it. Haven't started yet.

What are your thoughts on it?

2. TheNoviello

TheNoviello Member

I have never been given a meaner look than when I asked for help finding that book at Borders. You'll love it =]

3. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

In hell you have a permanent hangover, you need orange juice down there.

4. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Save your money. Most of his stories from the book are on his website. It makes for a good laugh. His ex gf has a funny blog that's worth checking out also.
    I swear Tucker and Chelsea Handler should hook up. I also named my cat SlingBlade

5. flowerchild92

flowerchild92 Member

i thought it was definately a funny read, degrading to women, but still hilarious

6. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

I was ashamed of myself for finding it so hilarious.

7. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

i just mentioned him in a thread ..extremely funny book ..when you get to the "mcgriddle email" youll die laughing ..enjoy!

8. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

I only picked it up and read one r two stories from it but I too thought of his stories as sort of the male version of Chelsea Handler's stories. And I guess one may draw this parallell from the fact they both use alcohol in their titles as well. (Though My Horizontal Life is the best of her books, not are you there vodka?)

9. Sitka

Sitka viajera

Not a huge fan.

10. gsavage77

gsavage77 Member

My brother had that book and I read it. Damn funny. Problem is I can see myself in some of his exploits. Damn, I used to drink a lot, but not anymore. My mother got a hold of that book; horror of horrors. She said she read part of it and thought it was "cute". ugh.

11. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

i haven't read the book, but given what i know of the Christian conception of Hell and the effects of alcohol, i have absolutely no doubt that all kinds of booze will be served, . . . along with crack, meth, filthy heroin, prescription drugs, etc, etc.

But, here's the REAL issue/problem: Admit it, Hell is where all the truly interesting people go. But, we'll NEVER get in. We "sinners" will be ETERNALLY stuck in line as all the bigots and hate mongers continuously cut in front of us in the line and thus block our actual entrance . . .