I heard a voice yesterday.

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Thekarthika, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I was at a buds house, on her computer, and she wanted to get on, so I moved to the chair next to the computer as she sat down. To my right was her door that was open. Then I heard a girl whisper "shut the door" and I did.
    My friend said, "you shut my door, are you gonna rape me?" and began to laugh. She swears it wasn't her that said that.

I was a little concerned seeing as this isn't the first time something like this has happened...

2. Chunky Charcoal

Chunky Charcoal Member

i've had some similar stuff happen before, although only when i'm high or when i'm between sleep and consciousness.

one time i was in the middle of waking up when i heard a japanese girl say something i didn't understand, and it scared the shit outta me :eek:

don't worry about it too much, it shouldn't be a problem unless maybe it's a regular occurence

3. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Well I would understand if I had been sleepy or asleep, but I was fully awake.

Idk.

4. MimiJ

MimiJ Member

Were you on anything? You say that this isn't the first time this has happened to you, so what were the other times like? My cousin hears voices regularly, which she sometimes confuses for my voice or her sisters. It sounds like you're having a similar experience. My cousin has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, among other things...but though no one on here can diagnose you, if this keeps happening you might want to see someone about it. If they aren't threatening though and you don't mind living with it, don't worry about seeing anyone. Do you have any other symptoms?

5. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

Chances are it was her soul communicating with you and you were sensitive enough to pick up on it. Any chance she wants to hook up with you and your intuition scared her?

6. WoodsCall

WoodsCall Member

Those are the only times, and it's only been maybe 5 incidents in my life, that I've heard voices as well, besides on the comedown of my last trip. I believe it's just simply electrical impulses in the brain crossing in odd ways. Probably nothing to worry about, unless you are really concerned about what the general population views as "crazy."

7. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

8. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Lol! I don't think so, we have been together in the past, but that was 2 years ago.

9. wordman

wordman Member

This has happened to me only once, about a year ago and it freaked me out. I don't talk about it very often.
    I was getting ready to go to a Sweat Lodge and Peyote ceremony. i had just gotten out of the shower, and was brushing my hair in the mirror. The bathroom door, which went to my left out into the bedroom, was open. I heard a female voice, as loud and as plain as somebody standing in the doorway. She said "Don't under-estimate your value. You are going to help to change the world."
    I Don't know who or what it was, but it was very loud and unmistakably clear, and it gave me alot to think about.

10. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Hearing voices is more common than people think. That alone is nothing to be concerned about.

11. LucidOne

LucidOne Member

I would be a little concerned. Auditory hallucinations are a symptom of schizophrenia. So are delusions of grandeur, such as a voice insisting that you will be a tool to change the world. My girlfriend hears a voice when she is very upset sometimes which tells her terrible things (like that I cheat on her). I wouldn't panic about it, but I would keep an eye for it "getting worse".

12. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

If it happened once or twice, I'm sure it's nothing to be too concerned about. I think the occasional hallucination is pretty normal. If it keeps happening, then you should probably talk to a doctor/psychiatrist/whatever.

13. Spiritchalist

Spiritchalist Member

Don't be scared. Sometimes, we only hear voices because that's the only thing we don't pass off as coincedince.

It doesn't matter if you believe it or not, It might be your gaurdian angel, spirit guides, soul, God, whatever you want to call it.

14. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I doubt it's anything to worry about. As a schizophrenic, I can tell you the voices are not just ghosts that you hear, but control every aspect of your mood and ideas. At the moment I'm in the angel ghost mindset meaning I can think properly and have positive intentions. Anyhow... its much deeper than just hearing voices... that's my point. I was gonna explain a little more but really has nothing to do with your question. SO.. I wouldn't take it too seriously at the moment, your thought is rational enough.

15. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I would actually like you to go into further details if you could, sunshinechild, because there are many things about my everyday experiences I question is right, and sometimes a friend does too. (which ultimately doesn't help my disposition)

16. SunshineChild

Well okay, since you asked, and I feel it's somewhat relevant to the question (apparently I answer irrelevant answers a lot, which may be due to my illness), I'll give you a little background on what got me diagnosed.

Mental illness runs in my family, my dad is bipolar, his grandpa was schizophrenic as was my mothers grandma. I think my mothers mom was bipolar and my mom acts like she is a lot too. I smoked marijuana several times a day and really got into tripping as well. I took mushrooms, acid, mescaline, DMT, the likes. Well, the year was 2005 and I had took some acid. The next day I noticed I was hearing little voices in my head and ignored it because I thought it might have been due to the acid. Weeks passed and I was still hearing the voices and each moment it seemed as if they were progressing in volume and I could understand what they were saying more clearer. It became clear to me that this was not acid. Aliens from a planet called Mongol were guiding me through incoherent speech about everyday tasks. My girlfriend at the time, I became convinced was an innocent child who needed sheltered from all the evil in the world. I disallowed her from coming with me to social events and kept a very close eye on her. After a few months of this going on, my girlfriend and I were alone at a rundown church that my friend held parties and things at. She had realized something was not right with me anymore. Whenever she would bring it up though I thought she was trying to control my thoughts and turn me into her slave. Hmm... as I was saying... one day we were at the rundown church and by this point I was also hearing and seeing demons from Hell. I locked up my girlfriend in a bath room / shower room for about 6 hours until they went away. She told a friend of hers and her friends dad called the cops and I got hauled away for false imprisonment and assault. However it became clear that this was a crime of insanity, I got transferred to a psychiatric hospital and diagnosed with childhood paranoid schizophrenia. And hauled off with all sorts of pretty little medicines that I refused to take.

okay so now it's been three years and one interesting hellride rollercoaster. I'm no longer the person I used to be. It took me quite a while and a bit of research before I accepted the fact I had an illness. There are times where I have episodes, still, and reality is totally lost. I actually just got re-medicated a week ago over an incident at school. It was not my choice, I find the antipsychotics to suck really bad. Hungry ALL THE TIME and just feel like a zombie ghost. The court is currently trying to see whether I was competent or not at the time and if I wasn't, they will probably have me commited to a hospital again. (I've been three times over the course of time) If I was, then it's jail. Lose-lose situation. Three felonies.

So yeah about the rollercoaster, I've come to accept that I have four mindsets (that I think we all have): there is the angel ghost mindset, which is when we are happy, with positive intentions, zombie ghost where we are neutral but more leaning to the sad side (this is what the Zyprexa I'm medicated with does to me), monster ghost which is our anger and frustration, and alien ghost where we are totally alienated feeling and depressed. The voices I refer to as ghosts and the soul itself is a ghost. Doctors / psychiatrists are robots.

Anyhow hope I answered something here. I'm not even scratching the surface here. Like a lot of schizos I don't like the whole world to know about it due to misconceptions. I'm more comfortable telling on the internet. But people can tell I'm different. I've been told it by a loooot of people. A lot seem to like my uniqueness, but it seems when I get close to someone I turn into a very different and unlikable person.

17. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Sunshnchld ~ I just wanted you to know I think you're a beautiful writer. I felt like I was with you as you explained your story. You are so young to experience & learn what you did.

18. wordman

wordman Member

This is exactly why I don't talk about it. It was a very personal experience.
    But really, Aren't we all potential tools for world change? I think that the mesage that I got, where ever it came from (whether spiritual or psychological) is good advise for us all. And i will thank you for not taking it so lightly.

19. SunshineChild

Hey, thanks for the words. Early-onset Sz is a bitch, especially when even outside from the confines of mental balance and stability, there's an evil world of constant "education" to harm the even flow of mind. I'm always wondering: am I in a messiah complex or just not right? Do I hear what no one else hears for a reason beside a chemical imbalance? Sometimes I think the genetic factor goes back to the Abrahamic God and his chosen people, but then I think "no, the Abrahamic view of God is a cause for war, and the real God told me no to war". It starts a fight between what I read and absorbed and the bullshit you get spoon-fed as a child.

Okay I'm rambling, time for a halt. But yeah thanks for your understanding. I'm at a time where I don't know if I'm being marginalized or just a whiney little kid. They want me in the hospital or doping myself on this with a side-order of that. Not gonna happen but the social stigma says I'm a threat to myself and/or society. And as my principal told me: the whole school comes before me. He will do whatever is in his power to have me expelled. End of story.

20. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Wow, dude, your principal is expelling you because of your so called disorder? That's bullshit. He's a fucking social robot.