I haven't left my house in almost a year

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by GeorgeCarlinFan, Apr 24, 2022.

1. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

I actually don't know how long... I know where I went, and I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, but it's the only one I wear, so I know it wasn't summer. I'm certain it was over 6 months, because this death close to me was in October, and I think it had been some time since I left my house since then.

Hell, I don't even like posting this, because there's 1-2 assholes who poke around and then upload this (screenshots) on sites that have no rules. But, I guess it's what I get for putting my life on here. I'm conflicted and ambivalent about a lot of things.

I tell myself it's best not to involve myself with anything. No anticipation. I feel best after I finish a biography (living vicariously?) or a great movie, which have been almost impossible.

I'm old enough to know that the things I wanted out of life will never come to be, so there's no reason to invest much, although that's another thing I don't want to admit -- that I still try.... I still try to find work online, mostly distributing my music, some writing.. Putting ads, reading ads, spending hours signing up to these sites to sell your work, be on hire, online distribution, just anything... But, the lack of success only makes me want to completely stop.

I'm also very curious why there's so many people who are banned from this site (lol, didn't know where to put it, not sure I want to start an entire thread on what could be sensitive, since the banning of one could have been ... some fucked up shit with personal implications, etc.).... I'm "broken in" but some places are more sensitive than others, and sometimes it's just the way it is. Some sites need to avoid politics (like movie ones).

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Greetings and welcome to the site!

George Carlin probably had many of these same thoughts... you can feel it in his comedy.

Probably why you are such a fan :)

I know a lot of frustrated musicians who feel the same as you, but music comes from the soul and we can't stop creating it once we start.

Don't stop!

Here at HipForums over the years we have had quite a few people sign up to do nothing but disrupt anything they can grab onto. They get banned.

We also get a fair amount of spammers who join simply to flog this or that for sale on the Internet. People get paid to do that, and there are bots that do it also... we ban them on site, but do try to prevent them from joining the site in the first place as best we can. They always slip through the cracks somehow! But they get banned.

Meanwhile, I hope you join our discussions, revelations, comedic jabs, and silly thoughts. We also try to understand how the world works... it's an ongoing work in progress for about 26 years now :)

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Because of my medical problems, the Government here thought I should be 'shielded' from the Corona virus, so I was 'shielded' for 14 months !!!

4. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I was much the same, first Covid my personal doctor, never recommended me to take the vaccine at the time. Then just never checked back. Stayed home worked in garden. and was outside when weather permitted. For at least one year I went to store 3 times, only when wife needed something , and didn't want to drop what she was doing. Last couple of months, started going out again, but think I will stay home as much as possible. It's just got to damn crazy out there.

5. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

When I first found this site i was very isolated and awkward didn’t really ‘normalize’ with the norm and barely spoke outside of my house n work ... ...though I do try to fit ...only to learn I am the dick that never fits in but hey we call can’t be this well endowed

6. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

My cousin lives a mile away, but I hadn't seen him in a year or two.. He came over, and within a day or two, I got sick, and I'm still sick... Day 4... I hadn't come into contact with anyone since 2 weeks before that when I had company over.

I hate being sick. Body aches, very sore throat, chest hurts from all that coughing/hacking.. Hardly anyone comes over, but the one time I have a friendly visit, this happens. I could lay down all day, but I hate laying down, no matter how weak I am.

7. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You've obviously been exposed to and picked up the Corona virus. You now need to medicate yourself to eliminate this virus from you.

Notwithstanding there is virus all around me, and I have, no doubt been exposed to it on a number of occasions, I have remained virus-free because every morning I add a small tot of Brandy to my morning coffee - the virus is killed off in the fumes !!!

~Zen~ likes this.