i have to write a paper on legalization! help!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by peacelovebarefeet, Jan 5, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

hey guys i have to write a persastive essay... and i picked legaliziation of marijuana... should i do just medicinal? or ALL aspects, medicinal, industry, and recreational? i cant decide! also, what are some good sites for stuff like this... www.norml.com? www.aclu.com?? THANKS!!

2. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

www.erowid.org i guess would be good for recreational. For your essay i think you should focus on medicinal and industry, and a tad on recreational, but not too much.

3. irish151

irish151 Member

normal is a really good site. If u have the time, go to the nearest library and check out "Why Marijuana Should Be Legal" by Ed Rosenthal

4. thrawn

thrawn Member

Look for Jorge cervantes, hes a better alternative to Ed

5. Sheebs

Sheebs Member

I'd be careful about doing that topic if your teacher is some stuck up conservitive duche, just out of the possibility that he might give you a bad grade cuz he thinks you're some dumbass pot head. Atleast thats what happened to one of my friends who did a paper on the same subject. But if your teacher is cool than go for it.

6. thrawn

thrawn Member

I wrote a persuasive essay on Jesus doing pot. Theres alot of info out there on these subjects. High times has a huge databank of articles. SOem being legalization essays. Check it out

7. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

the marijuana policy project http://www.mpp.org

there are many ways to approach this. since you say persuasive, your approach should depend on the audience,that is, who are you trying to convince?

i never wrote directly about legalization or persuasive essay , but i did write a paper on the social problems caused by the marijuana prohibition in this country, i wrote it using sociological theories and models. obviously not everyone is going to care about this particular branch of study of society, but what i made clear was that the problems of marijuana prohibition are more of social problem than the the problems caused by the drug on health and society.

8. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

well... my teacher is VERRRRRRRY liberal.. so its fine.. she knows i smoke.. and its funny because she does too!! lol

the auidence is just a classroom of kids.. about 14-17 year olds...

i think i am just going to focus on medicinal... i think!

any other comments??

thanks!

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

you cant just do medicinal, if you did medicinal youd have to do industrial otherwise your shooting yourself in teh foot. theres more reason to legalise it for its industrial uses than medical, in my oppinion.

10. thrawn

thrawn Member

Industrial?......As in?

11. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Using Hemp instead of trees considering hemp is less expensive and produces more capital per year

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

are you being serious, thrawn?

13. Peaceful Rocker

Peaceful Rocker Member

heres what you do

bring in some pot and let your teacher see first-hand why it should be legal

lol

14. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Go to drugwarfacts.com and go to the marijuana section

15. callinghome

callinghome Member

Ha, nice. I was watching some stand up comedy thing and the guy was like "You get caught and tell your parents yes. I am smoking weed. That's honest.

You offer them some. Problem solved."

Or something like that. ANyways, it was funny xD