I Have This Great Film To Share With You All! :)

Discussion in 'Documentaries' started by Moonglow181, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Has anyone ever seen this before?
    i thought of it today and saw it a long time ago, but I love this film, and even bought the DVD of it, as I loved it so much.
    I was so happy to find it on u-tube to put it here.

I will have to watch it again, too....

It is not exactly a documentary but close enough to one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5J_URTPnu0

2 people like this.
  2. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Yeah, I saw it when it first became available on video (not DVD) back in 1995. What I remember the most about it is that Crumb was only paid a few hundred dollars to do the Cheap Thrills (Big Brother and the Holding Company) album cover! Man, that album put Big Brother (and Janis Joplin) on the map.

Also, I thought it was sad that Charles (his older brother) ended up killing himself. You could tell he was already depressed in the film. I wonder if talking about his life on camera was the last straw for him? Must have brought back a lot of depressing memories. Anyway, thanks for posting this. Can't wait to check it out :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

pacific, I was sad about Charles, too, at the end...yeah, maybe seeing himself in the film pushed him over the edge....or something. I thought of that, as well and was very sad.......
    Crumb is quite the character, eh? :)

4. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Big time :)