I have noticed

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dustinthewind, May 30, 2004.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I started smoking when I was 11 or 12 and I only did it because I was a little rebel.
    Technically I did not smoke cigarettes, I smoked corn leaves. So I may not be the best person to ask.

2. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i just got a new pack or marlboros yesterday. my brother picked them up for me. pretty bad huh? good thing my sister doesnt want to turn out like us, my brother the drunk and her pot head sister. i have no idea why i started. friends wanted to try, and i sadly gave into peer pressure, but i like the way they tastes so i have one every now and then. not addicted though. if my parents knew i was smoking theyd kill me. so i gotta hide them along with all my other stuff.

3. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

haha i had a friend who smoke like.....celery or something. now shes anti smoking and is an idiot for trying to look kewl by doing this.

4. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i started smoking when i was 13.....i'm not sure of my reasons of starting.....but i tend not to dwell on it too much.....

i remember i used to use the excuse that my friend's mom smoked a lot when i would come home smelling like cigarettes....i know my parents knew the entire time but i kept it hidden from them until i was 16.....i smoked a couple of times in front of them...but it makes me feel really uncomfortable.....i just feel wrong doing it....my dad smoked for nearly 30 years before giving it up and my mom never smoked so.....its just wrong that i even smoke...but some damn reason....i continue to do it....

5. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i smoke cigs because they relax me and they r cheaper then weed 21 for 3 bux

6. EuphoricBallah

EuphoricBallah Member

i dont smoke squares, and i dont like them. I smoke marijuana and my mom knows i have before and so does my dad and they still think i do, and i do. lol but yeah i hide it.
    ;)

7. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

i smoke and both my parents know. my dad smokes and my mom used to, and they both started when they were teenagers so they aren't devastated by it.

i started because i had a friend who smokes and whenever we got drunk together she would just hand me cigarette after cigarette, and i didn't think anything of it cause smoking while drunk is soo good. then i eventually got addicted sober or not sober, and here i am.
    cigarettes are evil. i hate that i love them and am more psychologically addicted than anything. i could quit if i never saw another cigarette again, but as soon as i see or smell one i'm a goner. i strive for quality of life, not quantity :p

8. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

i hate the taste of cigarettes, but thats just me i guess. if they smoked just like weed does and tasted like weed too, then id be smoking about 2 packs a day hehe

9. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I first tried smoking when I was 15 due to peer pressure. Forgive me, I was weak. Even after I turned 18, I hid it from my family for a while just to avoid the guilt trips and such. Well, they eventually found out. I guess my sense of smell was diminished from smoking while they were able to smell the smoke in my clothes right away.

Everyone bugged me about quitting, but it wasn't until I was visiting mom in the hospital after a harsh chemotherapy treatment that she grabbed my arm and said, "I don't want you to go through what I'm going through right now." That hit me really hard. Soon after, Mardi Gras came and I decided to give it up for Lent. I figure that 40 days is a realistic goal to reach. After the 40 days I decided that I had gone this long, why not keep going?

So, if ya wanna quit, try going for a short time, like a month or so. If you can do that, you're past the physical addiction and just need to focus on the psychological addiction. You can also feel free to PM me anytime to BITCH and SCREAM to your heart's content. I remember what it's like to quit.

10. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i tried cigs. at 15 and 16. didnt really start smoking reguraly til i was 17.

i quit three times, one time lasted over a yr.

i am currently smoking as much as ever and AS ALWAYS i have a plan to quit in the near future.

11. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

10 minute nic-fix euphoria rocks. I hate cigs though...... But love my nic-fix.

12. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

I went through a phase of it, but never became addicted. My parents would have killed me if they knew.. I guess it depends on each person and their family and how they would react. It does seem to be an ever-growing thing for teenagers.. Hopefully people grow out of that phase before they are in the hospital in their later days..

13. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

lol, re-reading this thread made me think of the time when I was in 7th grade and my friend and I snuck into the bathroom, opened the window and smoked a cigarettte, blowing the smoke out of the bathroom window.

well, we were so stupid and totally ignorant at that age that we didnt even think that the window was facing the patio. lol....our parents were sitting on the patio watching the smoke come out the window. later on in life they told us all about it, they said they were laughing their asses off. (BUSTED)

14. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Never been a smoker. But I remember coming home smelling of cloves, and my parents accusing me of smoking them to cover the smell of pot....I was only drunk dammit!!!!