I have noticed

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dustinthewind, May 30, 2004.

1. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I have noticed that a lot of teenagers in the forums smoke cigarettes, (NO, i am not going to preach at you guys) ANYWAYS-

I am just curious to know if you hide it from your parents, or do they allow you to smoke in front of them? If you hide it, what do you think would happen if they busted you?

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

no, i dont have to hide anything. but i kinda try to keep it away from her, just outta respect.

3. Dustinthewind

quote by fractual-"no, i dont have to hide anything. but i kinda try to keep it away from her, just outta respect."

ok so she does know you smoke? and you just dont do it in front of her?

honestly, i am not trying to preach, I have smoked since I was a teenager, (many years ago :) ) I use to hide it from my parents, but they knew.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well she walks in on me smoking a ciggerate occasionally. i used to be able to openly smoke pot, but now i keep it on the dl...i'm pretty sure she still knows i do though

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I have a question. Knowing what we do about the dangers of cigarettes, why do you think kids still start smoking?

6. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i did cause i wanted too,

tastes like steak and potatoes to me.

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i could think of a lot of reasons

8. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Just curious. In my lifetime I have probably smoked everything you can smoke legal or illegal except cigarettes. So, I'm certainly not making judgements.

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well why not?

you could judge that we may very possibly be cutting a few years off of our life... for a silly habit.

10. Dustinthewind

I started because I wanted to try it. well 20 something years later i still smoke., wish i hadnt ever started.

maybe peer pressure has something to do with teenagers starting to smoke olhippie, i dunno, its probably a lot of the same reasons as when we were younger.

I think it will be interesting to see what people have to say.

11. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

I've tried smoking cigarrettes a few times when I'm drunk. I don't see the attraction to it.

I'd rather toke then smoke.

12. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i know what you're sayin man,
    i wish i could fucking quit, there so evil i hate them. you grow to hate smoking in one respect or another as the years go by. they just taste good to me because
    it feels good.

13. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Knowing the dangers of smoking could actually just be fueling the trend. "Risks? Pfft, I don't give a fuck. Toss me a cig." Plus constant anti-smoking ads just causing people to act in spite. It's in human nature to rebel, even if we're rebelling against what is best for us.

14. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Perhaps because being a rebel still makes you cool......whether you live or not.
    I was with my friend when she started smoking in grade 10, she stole some of her mom's. She would practice inhaling at home so she could look cool in public. She's 31 now and still smoking like a chimney.......and she smells like one too. With yellow teeth and fingers, and the wrinkles are starting on her face....

15. Legend

Legend Member

These Days, No Matter What You Do, There Is An Advertisement Somewhere To Say Its Gonna Kill Ya! Everything You Do Has Apparently Got A Risk! Fuck Knows... I Smoke, My Parents Smoke, My Grandparents Smoked! Most Of The Fucking World Smokes Something!!! Who Gives A Shit...

16. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

I'm 20 and my parents still don't know I smoke. They wouldn't be happy because they spent a lot of time diverting me away from things like that (by giving up themselves) so I just keep it from them out of respect. I really wish I could stop smoking because it's evil but it's so damn hard!
    I guess it was peer pressure that got me started smoking. But I smoked pot of my own accord, due to my curiosity, and enjoyed it.

17. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i never started

I just never saw the point of inhaling something that tastes like ass so you can be lightheaded for a short period of time.

gimme weed anyday

then again, i do enjoy smoking shisha, which is tobacco flavoured with molasses and smoked out of a hookah.

18. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

I use to smoke cigarrettes and when I quit I had a lot more money for better things and I wasn't as bitchy when i'd have to go a while without one! :)

19. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Being a mom of a teen who smokes this question really hits home. My daughter started hanging with an older crowd when she was only 14. They smoked. I wasn't aware til she was 15 that she had started. I found an empty pack of cigs in her laundry. She's now 17 and it has been a total struggle trying to get her to stop. I did inhome nursing for years and have seen the effects of smoking. Especially those who started young. No, I do not want my daughter to go through cancer when she's older. Yeah it will affect more than just her. Specially if she has children who will have to feel the loss of a parent due to it. Or if she ends up with breathing problems and has to use oxygene because only 4 percent of her lungs work. Yeah I know it's her life but she is my daughter and I love her. I love her enough to bitch about it in hopes that she will stop.

20. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

I started smoking a couple when I was blazed because it increased the high but I soon started to like the nicotine buzz and ive been smoking for about half a year now. My parents know I smoke and I wish they didnt, they always bum cigs off me lol. I dont really think theyre dissapointed though, they both smoke, my sister smokes, basically my whole family smokes. Although theres noone making you smoke but yourself, and I accept that. I try to do it when noones around, and am rather ashamed of it, but whatever works. They make me feel great and are good stress releivers. The effects on the lungs are horrible though, its rather a love/hate relationship that many other people have with cigarettes. Hopefully I'll quit someday but until then ill be sparkin up my cancer sticks :)