I have no friends

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by RainyDayHype, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, I don't believe that...They are all looking at people's photos. LOL

2. GreenFaerie

GreenFaerie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'll be your friend! :)

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

but did you read through all seven pages of the thread and see what a complete and utter and complicated weirdo I am?

4. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

I think it's really important to learn how to make a few good friends in your life and a few acquaintances. It's important to not just rely on family and romantic relationships for friends. It's not always easy but I think ti's really, really worth it...even if those are long-distance friendships...work on it.

5. usedtobehoney

You might need to work on your trust issues, and the only way to really do that is to try and have new friendships or improve old friendships.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

you need to come to where I live rainy. I am very blessed to belong to a great family of friends and we're all weird and quirky as hell and anytime a new weirdo stumbles upon us we take them into the group as if they've been there all along.

lol i'm making it sound like a cult. Its really not.

I feel quite lucky because I spent many years being the lone weird wolf before I met the first person I met in the group, who subsequently introduced me to everyone else.

However, I also understand what you mean about just needing one great friend. I've noticed I am lacking that person in my life right now. I've had a few great friends in my life and while I'm still in touch with most of them, I'm not close enough to them any more to call them when I'm going through something or having a bad day or just feeling blue and need someone to talk to. Although my group of friends are amazing, our friendships stay on the surface in some ways. I miss having a very best friend.

7. RainyDayHype

where do you live? lol, when I was reading your post, I wasn't thinking of it as a cult, I was thinking it sounded something more along the lines of the island of misfit toys

8. usedtobehoney

I think there's usually a sort of misfit subculture everywhere, it's just easier to find in some places...you gotta look for it...you'll find it.

9. CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN

CoZMiC WiZDoM RaW VeGaN Member

♥ ♣ :sunny: Greetings RainyDayHype! ♥ I Live In California Too! ~ Sacramento, California! Maybe We Can Meet Up Sometime Or Talk Via Phone! :daisy: ♥ Thank You For Accepting My Friend Invite! ♥ I Am Really A Cozmic Being & *Not Of This World* LOL ... Very Few People Resonate With Me Or Understand Me! ♥ I Am Not Mainstream Nor Mundane In My *Ideals* & My *LIFE!* :grouphug: ♥ :sunny: ♣ ♥

10. Moonglow181

Do you have lots of new friends now? :)

11. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'll meet you in Georgetown for a cup of coffee when you get back up to Gods country

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

my girlfriend is my best friend, Ive a couple close real life friends, but my internet friends are even closer .. ;)

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not picking on you, but everyone that says stuff like that is either talking about relatives they are stuck with anyway....or the half of the gang in high school thats left, cos they never really moved too far from their parents and so everyone still around, so if we are going to have a BBQ or a kids party, lets invite them simply cos, well they are there kind of thing

Then comes this, which is the complete opposite of that first quote. I am so blessed to have a great family of friends, but I dont have a best friend, cos we are all sick of looking at each other and too suspicious to ever really tell the truth to each other, as we all know those closest to each other

So anytime a new "weirdo" stumbles in they are quickly and easily brought into a group of friends that have known each other for way too long, puh-lease

Its not really what Rainy was asking

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't talk to anyone I went to high school with, actually. These are my adult friends, and I'm sure some people in the group are best friends with others and have someone they can call when they're feeling blue or whatever, but I don't. but that's also my nature, even when I did have a best girl friend I saw every day and hung out with all the time I never really laid all my heavy emotions on her.

its not like it really matters what rainy was asking for in regards to my response, I think we live across the country from each other. I was just sharing a piece of my life

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Rainy, I feel you. I have such great memories of being involved with my friends. Now, I'm no longer in the area I grew up in, and many of my friends have scattered all over the country and the world. High school provides a unique opportunity to make friends, because you know the people well and see them constantly, without the "professional" attitude that comes with being coworkers.

That being said, I've never made friends easily. I miss it in theory, but when opportunities for socialization come along, I find I would rather be alone! I love the thought of having a social life! When I do push myself to be social, I usually enjoy it. It's an interesting dynamic in my life.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a loner. We happen to live in a system that really glorifies socialization. I can feel the pressure even more as a female. It's usually ok for a man to be a lone ranger type, but girls are supposed to be constantly surrounded by a gaggle of friends.

16. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why don't you put more in your profile? I just looked at it, but I didn't learn much about you. Your photos are good, tho.

17. RainyDayHype

several reasons-
    I don't want to, I'm a bit of an enigma, less is more...
    Besides, I don't even think anyone here has much on their profile, their isn't much room to write anything and I'd rather someone get to know me by exchanging e-mails with me and having a conversation

18. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I always read a profile when I start to get intrigued by someone here. I like to read what they do for fun, what they're interested in.

19. Moonglow181

Sunfighter....you do not fool me any more hiding behind that Leary photo of yours. you player you! LOL

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lol, you only read the profiles for the articles? ;)