I Have Just Joined THE BREXIT PARTY!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Boozercruiser, May 6, 2019.

1. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

What does it matter to you why people have their own views? as for being capable of answering questions about my views well as well as being a chef of more than 30 years
    experience I also have a degree in politics from Sydney Uni,I could write an essay on how the EU affects the food industry deleteriously in the UK as an example but I have better things to do.
    Cheers
    Paul

morrow likes this.
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Aussie

So you don’t know why you hold your views?

If you haven’t a clue why the fuck you say stuff, then don’t you think it’s about time you tried and fucking well found out?

LOL In other words no you couldn’t

3. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Have you noticed with these people Chef?
    They often speak before the brain is in gear, and when they make a mess of their opinion, they have to start swearing.
    Obviously vocabulary is not one of their better human traits!

I see Balbus is supposed to be a Super Moderator around this forum.
    I think it would be a jolly good idea if that person started moderating their language, as a good example of how to behave in this very nice forum is not being shown.

Cheers.
    Take care.

Kenny

Orison and AnAussieChef like this.
  4. Boozercruiser

The Remoaners are getting rather nasty now.
    Losers usually do!

Nigel Farage is pelted with MILKSHAKE on European election tour | Daily Mail Online

Nigel Farage vented fury at his security and 'radicalised Remainers' today after he was pelted with milkshake on his European election tour.

The Brexit Party leader was covered in the £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake by a protester as he made the latest stop of his campaign in Newcastle.

Mr Farage was heard saying 'how did you not stop that?' as he was bustled away by security, and an individual was arrested and put in handcuffs by police.

He tweeted afterwards: 'Sadly some remainers have become radicalised, to the extent that normal campaigning is becoming impossible.'

Brexit minister James Cleverly immediately condemned the episode, insisting that people should debate rather than 'assault political opponents'.

Tony Blair branded the attack ‘horrible and ridiculous’, while Jo Cox's widower Brendan Cox said it normalised 'violence and intimidation'.

Downing Street said politicians had to be able to 'campaign without harassment, intimidation and abuse'.

Mr Farage joins the list of candidates who have fallen victim to a 'milkshaking', including Ukip's Carl Benjamin and ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson.

Last week, police apparently ordered a McDonald's outlet near a Brexit Party campaign rally to stop selling milkshakes and ice cream.

Protesters are thought to have switched to using the drinks as a weapon as they are easier to carry than eggs without arousing suspicion.

5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Not an exactly independent view is it ?

Andy Lebrecht is a former Director-General for Food and Farming, Defra and UK Deputy Permanent Representative to the EU.

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

In this case the views people are having is changing the country I live in... so it doesn't matter that they HAVE their own views, it matters to me that those views are based on sound reasons.. EVEN IF I don't agree with them. If you're right and "the EU effects the food industry deteriously", I'm quite interested to know how. Not as an attack on you having different thoughts, or because I want to change those thoughts; it's because I want to understand why people want this thing which I see the more negatives than positives of.

And also.. so "our destiny" must be something to do with food, then.. I guess? I only wanted to know what "control our own destiny" MEANS. Because the feeling I get is that to a type of nationalist person, those words sound good, but no-one knows the details. Take back control, control our destiny, govern ourselves.. etc etc. ALL I am asking is how we didn't have those things, and how will leaving the EU change those things? I'm not going to try and argue with the answers to those questions, even if I think they are wrong.. I just want to know if anyone even knows the answers. If they don't, (When remainers CAN describe the things they like about being in the EU) it kind of makes everything clear to me.

Since you say "these people" and there are only two people you're talking about.. I'll just point out that I rarely ever swear at all.

It's a pro-remain website, Mally. It's not an independent view at all. but the point is, every aspect of what the article said can be researched and checked. Fair enough to say you don't want to bother doing that, but then you can hardly claim it's false any more than I can claim it's true.

Balbus likes this.
  7. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

I have no quarrel with how you respond to me at all,you are polite and I have no issues,I trust that I have been polite to you as well.
    In order to try and make my views clearer I will prepare a sort of essay about why I believe the UK should leave,I will start it tonight but I do have several appointments tomorrow so probably won't get it finished till Thursday but I'll do my best to post it soon as I can.
    Cheers
    Paul

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I will read it.

Yes you have been polite. None of this matters to me outside the debate. Mally is a cool guy. I like all I've seen from you. These debates don't need to have any detrimental effect on our interactions in other threads : )

Boozercruiser and AnAussieChef like this.
  9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

I thought not another one from the misdirectors play list – ‘faux righteous indignation’, like some old woman in a B list period drama – ‘oh Mister D’Arsey your language is so unmoderated I will fairly swoon….(thud)

Then I though oh maybe he isn’t British, I mean fuck comes up in conversational English all the time, I know people that say it at least once in any sentence. I mean it wouldn’t be the first time that someone has faked been something they are not to push a political agenda.

But the thing is that I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s noticed that he doesn’t seem to be answering any of the questions asked of him.

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Aussie

It’s going to take you four days? Wow it should be good, I await with bated breath.

11. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

Tuesday here,be done by Thursday--2 days max-can you count........

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Aussie

So sorry its going to take you three days Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.....great i don't have to hold by breath for so long

13. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

ROFLMAO......

14. Boozercruiser

To tell you the truth Chef.
    I wouldn't bother wasting my time going to all that bother trying to put these guys right with your essay.
    Post whatever you like, and then they will oppose your view and ask questions and twitter on and on and on.
    You will just end up trying to deal with a never ending bucket of wind up bullshit.
    Think of all you could do instead with that valuable time you say you will spend doing your essay.

Of course if you do end up doing it, I am sure it will make a very interesting read.
    But with respect.
    Please take my advice.
    Don't do it!

GLENGLEN likes this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Glen

Why are you liking booze's post?

The remainers have explained their views and put up rational argument about why they think it is a bad thing to leave. They have confronted the seeming falsehoods put about by the leavers and presented valid criticisms of the leaver stance. They have been happy to reply to the leaver’s questions and address the criticism levelled at them.

On the leaver side we have had people that are willing to lie straight to your face. People that repeat propaganda slogans that they seem unwilling and unable to answer questions about let alone defend from criticism.

Imagine you were going to buy a car

You go to one person who has the cars current MOT, the log book, can answer all your questions about it, clearly and distinctly, lets you look at the engine and anything else and is happy to give you a test drive.

And then there is another seller who has none of the paperwork (can give it to you later only after you buy ‘honest governor’) who refuses to answer any of your questions about it, will not allow you to look under the bonnet or check for rust, and says he doesn’t have the keys right now so can’t give you a test drive - but who keeps telling you very loudly that it’s a GREAT car, the BEST car, a great RUNNER’

Which car would you most likely buy?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  16. Boozercruiser

I see The Bexit Party are going to screw the rest of them in Wales as well on Thursday.
    Bring it on!

Brexit party taking Wales by storm as Labour support HALVES - poll

A new YouGov poll has revealed the levels of support for each party in Wales, taken from 1,009 voters’ party preference from May 16 to 20. The figures are also compared with results from an earlier poll in April which asked who people would vote for in the European elections. The results showed the Brexit Party stormed ahead by 36 percent, which is an increase of 26 percent since the earlier poll, while Plaid Cymru came in at 19 percent, with a four percent increase.

Labour received a disappointing 15 percent, which was half of what it previously polled, followed by the Liberal Democrats at 10 percent, which was an increase of four percent from last time.

The Green Party received eight percent of the vote, which was up by five percent.

The Conservative saw a disappointing seven percent and UKIP received two percent of the vote, after they both dropped by nine percent,

Change UK got two percent too, which was six percent less than last time.

17. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

Mate I respect your advice and I thank you ,but I have always been willing to put my money where my mouth is and out of respect for Balbus I will post something
    ,I doubt that we will ever agree but I believe I owe Balbus the courtesy of at least trying to explain my views,I mean all that can happen is that Balbus will offer their opinions and refute what I say..but life will go on,I don't want to burn bridges just because I happen to disagree with somebody.
    Anyway let's all chill for a bit..
    Cheers
    Paul

Driftrue and Balbus like this.
  18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

But the thing is do the people voting for Brexit understand any of the issues and frankly going by this thread and others I’d have to say i'm not sure they do

Many just repeat the slogans, the falsehood and lies of a wealthy elite that owns much of UK media (like the Daily Express quoted by Booze above) and wealthy elitist right wing politicians but can’t defend anything they say from valid criticism

It is a sad indictment of our society that so many voters can be so easily bamboozled by tricksters and charlatans

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  19. Boozercruiser

Cheers my friend.
    Respect to you for looking at the overall situation like that.
    But my patience with these people ran out some time ago.

I just hope you are in for the long haul with Balbus and others.

Thing is.
    Anyone who hasn't been locked in an asylum for 3/4 years already knows the for and against in respect of Brexit.
    Even you in Aussie Land knows the arguments.
    They do as well, but they are acting ignorant.
    But then.
    Thinking about it.
    They obviously are ignorant!

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Yes but the remainers have explained their views and put up rational argument about why they think it is a bad thing to leave. They have confronted the seeming falsehoods put about by the leavers and presented valid criticisms of the leaver stance. They have been happy to reply to the leaver’s questions and address the criticism levelled at them.

On the leaver side we have had people [like you] that are willing to lie straight to your face. People that repeat propaganda slogans that they seem unwilling and unable to answer questions about let alone defend from criticism.