I Have Just Joined THE BREXIT PARTY!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Boozercruiser, May 6, 2019.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for your considered words there.
    Immigration is fine, particularly if they are genuine refugees and genuine people who want to work and contribute.
    Problem is that the UK has been swamped by immigration and for one there are not the houses and stuff to cope, and there are many other issues as well.
    Far too many to discuss here as i would be prodding my phone all day long!

Mayvern, morrow and soulcompromise like this.
  2. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

What exactly is the point of the Brexit Party fielding candidates for the European elections? It's like the Flat Earth Society trying to get into NASA.

3. Boozercruiser

The results of those elections will send shock waves through all the other parties.
    And this will be a springboard to bigger things come the next General Election when The Brexit Party intend challenging every seat in the land.
    The latest opinion poll shows that The Brexit Party would win around 50 seats, and will be ahead of the Conservative Party in voting totals.
    Bring it on!

Mayvern likes this.
  4. Boozercruiser

Just one hour ago The Daily Telegraph gave the below news out.
    Things are going very well for Nigel Farage and The Brexit Party.
    Roll on the EU elections as I can't wait tio register my vote.
    The Brexit Party.

European elections polls latest: Brexit Party forecast to win majority of UK seats

The latest polling for the European Parliament elections shows that Nigel Farage's Brexit Party is likely to gain the most seats in the UK, as establishment parties are forecast to lose their majority across the European Union.

The vote takes place in the UK on Thursday 23 May, with the Europe-wide results expected on the evening of Sunday 26 May.

These are expected to see establishment parties across the continent suffer, both at the hands of the populist-Right as well as resurgent liberal parties.

The result is likely to be a more fragmented European Parliament, with the centre-Right EPP and centre-Left S&D forecast to lose their combined majority.

UK polls show the Brexit Party winning the most seats
    The latest polling average puts Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party ahead of the two major parties, on 30 per cent compared to Labour’s 21 per cent and the Tories’ 12 per cent.

This would mark the Conservatives falling to their lowest vote share in a national election since they formed in 1834.

The Lib Dems, Greens and Change UK - all backers of a second referendum - collectively have support of 28 per cent of the public, against no-dealers Ukip and the Brexit Party's collective 34 per cen

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

I was asked by Booze to come here because he said he had explained in depth the reasons why he wanted to leave and address the many criticism of his view that he refused to cover in that other thread.

So here I am and he explains nothing and again doesn’t address the criticisms

I wonder why he lied was he hoping I would not come here and read his inane rants?

Booze - can you stop fucking around and answer my questions.

Anyway to lets try and sift the shit from this issue as posted by NA praised by Booze

But many people were unclear of what leave meant as I’ve said I’ve talked to many and there all have differing versions.

In what way was British sovereignty taken away

In what way were they not governing?

What the fuck are you going on about?

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

To leave or remain in the EU is probably the most important decision this country has taken since World War II. If is going to have economic effects (that have already begun) and that in turn will have social ramifications, it could even break up the union.

But it seems to me that many are giving it little thought, I’ve talked to people that just reply with ‘just get out’ asked what they think will happen and they repeat ‘just get out’.

For the last thirty odd years a certain section of the elite have been pushing the Eurosceptic line and both political parties of the left and right have often blamed ‘Brussels’ for problems in the UK that were actually the fault of their own policies.

This drip, drip, drip of poison from the right wing media and cowardly politicians have resulted in many believing on a guttural level that all the problems of the UK stem from our membership of the EU, but asked them for specifics to use their head to explain their feelings and they can’t.

The belief in ‘bad’ EU laws been forced on the UK, of unelected bureaucrats controlling Britain and billions been sent to Europe for no return are so ingrained as to be seen as ‘common sense’ by many, although none of them can name a ‘bad’ law, few could explain the structures of the EU or have an understanding of trade, tariffs or the amount of money we actually pay in and get out.

It seems to me that many are going into Brexit even a hard Brexit with their eyes and ears closed.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  7. Boozercruiser

If you think I am going to spend any of my valuable time of day replying to all of that rather insulting garbled crap Balbus.
    With respect.
    You need to think again.

Please chill out and go bother someone who wants to engage and humour you.
    I certainly do not.
    Thank you very much.

Cheers.

Kenny

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

But you haven't answered his questions.
    I have yet to meet a leave voter who CAN answer those questions.

McFuddy, BlackBillBlake and Balbus like this.
  9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

booze

LOL and thank you for backing up what I’ve been saying.

My argument is that many leave supporters don’t seem to have given their Brexit views that much though (if any) instead they just seem to accept the leave propaganda without question.

That such people, like yourself, are basically ill-informed and easily lead pawns in a game they don’t understand.

And really is your time that valuable I mean you clearly don’t think that much about things even important things if the above is any indication of the level of your thinking. Oh and you have already indicated that you are rather a lazy person so.....

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Drift

Exactly we get a lot of sound and bluster from the leave side, but ask them to actually back up their views and like Booze they run for the hills.

And is seems to me that reason for that is that they either lack the capacity to do it or they are con-artists that know they can’t.

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Why do you have to Insult everyone that Doesn't agree with you ? What has Booze done that makes him a con artist ?
    Oh yeah I just said It !

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

I don’t know if booze is a con-artist he might just not be capable of explaining or defending his views from criticism. But that begs the question why does he have them?

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No insults from me.. My partner says the same things Boozer does and I know him to be a bright and thoughtful man.. Yet on this subject, also like Boozer, that seems to go out the window and he cannot answer the questions about why he believes what he believes. Which, as Balbus says, makes us wonder if you (leavers) even know yourselves why you believe what you do. Balbus' posts weren't so rude that someone with an answer wouldn't respond. His questions were clearly and simply stated without insult. Acting like he isn't worth responding to does look like a cop out.

McFuddy and Balbus like this.
  14. Boozercruiser

Me?
    Possibly a con artist?
    Me?
    Not capable of defending my views from criticism?
    How dare you say that of me on both counts!
    Let me have just one go at explaining to you why my Wife and I want to leave the EU.
    And I will NOT have either the inclination or the time to keep trying to justify myself to remoaners who are sore losers, and who would not know what democracy was if it slapped them in the gob!

Brexit wasn’t complicated until May and her mostly remain MPs got their grubby little hands on it.

No deal is better than a bad deal she said.
    Well her deal is a bucket of crap.

This issue was simple for me.

1. I want to leave the EU and take back control of our country.
    2. I want our country to make our own laws and rules and govern ourselves completely.
    This without the EU tail wagging the dog.
    3. I did not want to stay in the EU and be part of a superstate.
    4. I want this country of ours to have total control of our borders and control immigration.
    Afer all.
    It is my opinion that our country has gone to the dogs because of far too many foreigners coming in, and our culture has been sunk in a sea of immigrants.
    5. Our NHS cannot cope.
    6. Our housing cannot cope.
    7. Our police cannot cope with crime and terrorism mostly imported from far eastern countries.
    8. I was fed up with us giving billions of pounds in order to help feed the useless undemocratic eurocrats and overall, there are 46,356 people employed across all EU institutions, agencies and bodies, and breeding more as we speak.

I could go on for hours typing here trying to educate you on this matter, but I have an evening of better things to do lined up.

You remoaners are going to have a lot more misery as time goes by, and I cannot wait to vote next Thursday.

Todays poll is this...

[​IMG]

So if it turns out like that I shall be well happy.

Read this article.
    It just might improve your Brexit Education:

Tories slip to single-digit support as 'ousted' Theresa hits the EU election campaign trail | Daily Mail Online

Now then.
    If balbus or anyone else is now saying explain bla bla bla bla fucking bla.
    Forget it.
    If you are too 'thick' to understand what I am saying here.
    That is your problem.
    Please do not make it mine!
    And anyway.
    One does get rather fed up trying to talk with and reason with a brick fucking wall!

Cheers.

Have a nice evening!

Mayvern and morrow like this.
  15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You accuse people of being rude, then use language like this constantly. Why not just say "remainers"? Why can't you just say "got their hands on it" ..why the "grubby"?

Then why make such a provocative thread? Why start debates about politics if you only want to talk to the people who agree with you?

I AM curious as to what "take back control of our country/laws/governing" means to you, in practice. What laws enforced on us are particularly abhorrent to you? Is it just immigration, or are there others?

And when you say "we", do you really feel you have so much in common with the rich elite who made Brexit happen?

16. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

It's rather interesting that the word often applied to those who wish to regain their sovereignty and control of their own lives is " poison ".

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I have control of my own life. I did before, I do now. I could argue that I don't have any control of my life because we have to leave the EU now, which I'd rather have not done. But ultimately, I think life will go on, and I still have control of mine. Of course, the BRITISH laws that stop me legally consuming cannabis could be said to be controlling me.

It's just funny to me that people feel so much attachment to a made up construct of countries and borders and nationalities. I feel that every human on this planet is the WE. And we need to come together to make life pleasant for everyone, and protect the planet that we all share from destruction.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  18. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Some people, and you may well be one of them, are of a more expansive and progressive turn of mind.

19. Boozercruiser

I started off this thread in a very nice and objective way telling members I had joined The Brexit Party.
    Also joined in discussions on The Brexit Thread.
    Surprisingly I had some very nasty and provocative and insulting and upsetting and sarcastic remarks made against me.
    Mainly by balbus, and you say I can’t answer the questions, liking me to your husband.
    Perhaps he has got fed up talking to a brick wall as well, so he cannot be bothered to try and articulate the argument with you?
    Go on.
    Ask him that!

Regarding insults.
    I responded merely like for like.
    If someone is nasty and insulting and provocative and sarcastic to me.
    Guess what they are going to get back?
    I didn’t start the insults.
    But I can help Finish ‘em!

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

That was rude, and I have said nothing to be rude to you.

You keep saying "fed up trying".. as if you have tried. You can't answer the questions. You can write a big post all rah rah rah I can't be bothered to answer you because you're nasty...

..instead of just... answering the questions... which is what a debate is. Back and forth questions, to try and understand the other person's perspective.

I was just wondering what taking back control meant to you, in practice. Are the laws you object to just the immigration ones?

Simple questions. Banging your head on a wall implies you've answered them and we're still asking. I have not seen you answer the above. And maybe if I could understand what laws and what control you mean, I would understand your stance.

Balbus likes this.