I Have Just Joined THE BREXIT PARTY!

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Boozercruiser, May 6, 2019.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So I went looking -

At first glance, these figures might seem quite high, particularly if we look at the commission. But for an administrative staff covering institutions serving over 500m people it’s a shoestring operation, especially when we compare it to civil services operating at the national, or even local levels. Compare this, for example, to the 33,477 people employed by Birmingham City Council, covering a population of 1.1m in 2015-16.

https://theconversation.com/how-many-people-work-for-the-eu-59702

On 31 March 2017, there were 332,800 Civil Service employees in England, 43,220 in Scotland, 32,440 in Wales and 3,760 in Northern Ireland.

UK population c60 million

412,220 civil servants

EU population c500 million

46,356 civil servants

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As I’ve said before looking across the Brexit threads on the forum you can get a feel for the supporters on each side and the things that stand for.

And I’m sorry to say that is a sad indictment of those on the leavers side of the argument who often come across as Il-informed, mean of spirit and petty while seemingly contemptuous of democratic procedures and institutions.

They seem wedded to the idea of ‘the ends justify the means’ and so seem very happy to misinform, misdirect or out and out lie to push a viewpoint they seem unable to justify in any other way.

And they cheer each other on in this while never seeming to feel any guilt or shame in it.

Also what seems strange to me is that so many seem to bemoan the corruption and duplicity of politicians and the political system while never seeming to look into their own eyes.

[​IMG]

3. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Respect the referendum vote to leave and leave mean a no deal Brexit

But why should anyone ‘respect’ a vote that was built on lies and deceit?

It has to remember the leaver campaign was very upbeat it was all about having our cake and eating it, we would get a deal, a good deal, a great deal, a terrific deal, a terrifically great deal. There would be no down side to Brexit it would be easy to do and people wouldn’t even notice, until things started to become much better in those fabled ‘sunny uplands’.

And the other thing is that in the referendum even the leaver leadership ruled out a No Deal Brexit, they said time and again that would be bad and would never happen, it was always that they could get a ‘better deal’. The whole idea of a No Deal was called ‘project fear’ by the leaver leadership, no deal was something to be feared – in other words - to not be voted for.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There was no mention of deal on the ballot paper

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Having no mention of a no deal on the ballot paper

The leaver leadership ruled out a No Deal Brexit, they said time and again that would be bad and would never happen, it was always that they could get a ‘better deal’. The whole idea of a No Deal was called ‘project fear’ by the leaver leadership, no deal was something to be feared – in other words - to not be voted for.

So many people voted on the promise that no deal was NOT going to happen and I’ve talked to and heard many others on different media that say they wouldn’t have voted for leave if they had though it would mean the crashing out without a deal.

7. Boozercruiser

That is quite right Vanilla.
    Mind you.
    I do remember Theresa May spouting...

No deal is better than a bad deal.

And what did we get?

A Shite deal!

So No Deal It Is Then!

Mayvern likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyway, dont think you are going to get an extension anyway, past 6 months have already had a negative impact on germany

9. Boozercruiser

Yes.
    And I hate those Germans.
    They bombed our Chip Chippy! :laughing:

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

No deal is better than a bad deal.

This mainly came into circulation after the referendum it was just a slogan like Brexit means Brexit because no one on the leave side had any actual plan for what to do if the vote was to leave.

So many people voted on the promise that no deal was NOT going to happen and I’ve talked to and heard many others on different media that say they wouldn’t have voted for leave if they had though it would have meant crashing out without a deal.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As I’ve said before looking across the Brexit threads on the forum you can get a feel for the characters of the supporters on each side of the argument.

And I’m sorry to say that is a sad indictment of those on the leavers side who often come across as Il-informed, hate filled, mean of spirit and petty while often seemingly contemptuous of democratic procedures and institutions.

They seem wedded to the idea of ‘the ends justify the means’ and so seem very happy to misinform, misdirect or out and out lie to push a viewpoint they seem unable to justify in any other way.

And they cheer each other on in this while never seeming to feel any guilt or shame in it.

Also what seems strange to me is that so many seem to bemoan the corruption and duplicity of politicians and the political system while never seeming to look into their own eyes.

Driftrue likes this.
  12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

But it's kind of taken as a given that the campaign promises are what the choice on the paper represents.

13. Boozercruiser

Jesus Christ.:rage:
    Talk about the bastard Pot calling the bastard Kettle.
    Bulby takes some beating there!

14. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Yes and DavidCameron promised to take us out of the EU if we voted for it ! Thats why we have all this shit now because he never !! He should be locked up

Mayvern likes this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

You voted to leave (although you lie about voting remain for some reason) but in all the time I’ve know you haven’t put up any rational argument as to why leaving is a good idea.

Nothing you have presented as reasons has stood up to scrutiny even the thing you give as your reason for hating the EU (the carpet story) doesn’t stand up when looked at.

Think about it you are quite happy to publically lie to people here what does that say about your character and judgement?

16. Boozercruiser

I agree!

Mayvern likes this.
  17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LOL I’d say we are in this shit now because none of the leavers had any rational plans or reasons for leaving and there was no deal that could be got that was better than the one we already have.

18. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

We better not ask for an Extension. We Just LEAVE thats the box the majority ticked. JUST DO IT, 3 years ago we had a referendum

If we do and Germany, Hungary, France (or anyone else, i just listed the 3 i think are most likely) VETO's they will be forever in my good books.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  19. Boozercruiser

Hear Hear.
    Well said.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The majority voted for a brexit with a deal. Not one without one.
    But yes, lets get this shit over with.