I have come up on an idea and I am scared

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Glad you have a positive attitude about it, if the work is there, and you're having fun, getting it done makes it all worth doing.

Rahab likes this.
  2. Thanks! I guess encouragement is what I seek. Thank you. I will post pictures daily in this thread to track my progress

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

That's a good idea, keeping track of the progress towards the goal.

Have fun working! It is possible :)

Rahab likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh okay, that makes more sense with it being your own business

Good luck! Take some time for yourself if you start to feel burned out though

Rahab likes this.
  5. Day 8- 7am-3:30- Painting treasurers house
    4pm-? Garage organizing at Gloria s house, her son will be there so we can get a lot of his stuff OUT! Big day- 14 hours plus

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Sometimes you need to set a challenge to push yourself. I ran every evening for four months last year.. If I hadn't decided that that's what I was doing, there are plenty of days I would have not bothered. Pushing yourself by choice is a good thing. When the world pushes you, you'll be better equipped.

7. Yes right! It is fun to challenge yourself and see how far you can get. I like doing that. Just do my best and see what the outcome could be .@melia There is no way I could work for a company with a boss hundred days straight

8. What is it that you do, exactly?

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

there are people who double shift every day the first year of a business....it is normal

10. Painting, organizing, handywoman, deep cleaning

11. I wish I was one of those people who enjoyed work. Life would be so much easier.

12. It is easier when you own your own business

13. And you do what you do, well.

14. It would be great not to have to worry about fucking up all the time. My job is one where there are lots of mistakes to be made. It's kind of funny that I even have this job, as I'm such an absent-minded person. Seems I'm almost always worried about not doing a good enough job.

Rahab likes this.
  15. That is the attitude you need to have because you need to be conscientious and do it right the first time it saves time when you do that and you can perfect what you do by repetition

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
  16. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

On the other hand I've been told if you're doing what you love you'll never have to work again, so I suppose it cuts both ways.

17. Gotta stay away from some quotations

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When you have your own business, it is difficult to define exactly what constitutes work.
    I ran a major London theater for 17 years and I don't think that I ever took a day off. However, on some days, all that I needed to do was spend half an hour on the phone.
    Since Jane and I spent our holidays in Ireland, I was still available 24/7. Needless to say, Jane was not very happy when I had to fly back to London on a few occasions.

Rahab likes this.