I have 5 month old acid, still potent?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by anklingens, Sep 27, 2013.

1. anklingens

anklingens Guest

Hey guys!

I know this is kind of an annoying question, and I have researched the topic thoroughly and kinda already have my own opinion of it, but I'm going to ask it anyway to see if I might be able to gather some more perspectives. I mean, why not?

I have stored four tabs of acid in an airtight ziploc bag in the lining of a blazer in my closet since April, it's now late September obviously, and I have finally found an occasion now that I'm back at school.

Tomorrow I'm letting a good friend of mine, who has never dropped before, borrow a blotter, and we're planning on having a really all around great day.

But there is an annoying little thought persisting that the acid has in some way deteriorated because of my having waited so long.

If it was in a relatively cool place (I mean, it was summer, but it's not like it was hot as hell), in darkness, and completely airtight for that long, do you think it would have wilted at all? I mean, guess we'll find out, but I'm just looking to hear some insights.

Thanks! :2thumbsup:

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes, they are fine.

3. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

There is only one way to find out bud. take them and see how strong they are. You will find out in about 45 minutes to an hour. Listen to some pink Floyd and go ride subways, it will be fun

4. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Ride subways? I hope that's a term for tripping like shit that I'm not familiar with... if not.. shame on you! I mean hey, if it floats your boat that's cool I guess, but shit man.. that's a really shit vibe to be chilling around on any kind of psychedelic.

Go outside! take your shoes off and feel the grass between your toes! Watch the flowers as they nod at you in comforting approval.. feel the rhythms in the wind and let them caress every receptor in your body as you watch condensed droplets of moisture play with the rich blues of the sky to create mesmerising patterns of form. Take deep breaths and feel the universe seamlessly and elegantly unfold around you.. and then drop your acid..

Subways... *mumbles something disapprovingly*

5. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

Sorry man..subways can be fun to. I like nature and grass when I was trippin to

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No. Don't dare eat that shit!!

(Address to follow on PM where to send old acid)

7. MeatyMushroom

You are a better man than I... I loathe that shit. Probably not healthy, but then again, neither are subways, so I guess it all works out in a funny old way.. kinda..

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

your LSD is perfectly potent but the ziploc bag is not airtight. it's better than nothing, but ziploc bags aren't airtight.

9. monoman911

monoman911 Banned

You askin because you scared or just don't take risks or think?

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If your acid was exposed to air for 5 months it may be bad. A bag is not airtight, so the only way to know is to take one and see what happens.

But I have taken acid that was over a year old that was sitting in a CD case in a drawer and it was still very good. It is possible to store it for a while.

11. porkstock41

so what would make you think that his might be "bad?"

yours was good for a year, his should be fine for 5 months. i guess you never know how the guy before you stored it, so maybe....
    i see what you're saying, but i bet his acid is fine

12. unfocusedanakin

Exposure to oxygen is my concern.

13. MeatyMushroom

It's allergic to oxygen? Sure? I hope not....

14. unfocusedanakin

Yes oxygen degrades it. Short exposure is fine otherwise it would not be transportable. But just sitting out for 5 months it will be done.

15. porkstock41

you just said you had stuff just sitting out for over a year and it was still very potent.

16. MeatyMushroom

Noted! I had missed that, so thank you :p

I don't have a vacuum packer.. so what's recommended?

17. unfocusedanakin

I meant if you just left a blotter sitting out on a table for 5 months it would not still be good like if you had left weed there or another drug.

I have successfully kept it in a cd case in a drawer. That probably is more air tight then a zip-lock bag. I have had blotters left in a bag for a few weeks and they seemed weaker then the first time. That could be for many reasons besides the bag. I can't say for sure how good they were stored otherwise.

The best conditions long term would be in a freezer in something air tight that keeps light out. But LSD is still pretty stable at room temperature. Over around 75 Fahrenheit and or lots of light and oxygen breaks it down.

18. porkstock41

i bet it still would be.

and i don't know what kind of CD case you're talking about, but it is not airtight either. O2 molecules are pretty small dude.

i keep most of my psychedelics in the fridge, inside mason jars with silica gel packets just to be on the safe side.

19. unfocusedanakin

I know, Air is going to get in in a CD case or a bag. But a CD case in my opinion is slightly less porous then a plastic bag.

You store your psychedelics well.:2thumbsup:

20. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Get some helium and fill a jar with it, allowing in as little air as possible. Add stash. Since He is a noble gas, it should prevent oxidation.