I hate Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bkcmar, Aug 7, 2006.

1. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

Hey all, just checking back on the thread.

As I've stated before, in the Wenatchee Wal*Mart, I've gotten little to no harrassment about bare feet. However, I do feel that there are some places that I just wouldn't want to go barefoot. The Wal*Mart's parking lot is one example. While their store looks purdy and waxed, their floors will make your feet blacker than the night. Which is fine, it's usually just from peoples rubber shoes, dust, dead rollback fairies, etc. But their parking lots are just disgusting. Oil everywhere from cars, various chemicals and liquids spilled about, most of the lot is sticky. I hardly venture to the big box monstrocity but when I do, I hesitate to go in barefoot anymore.

Besides Wal*Mart I still usually go unshod everywhere. Fall is approaching, sadly, so I'll probably be wearing sandals more often.

Anyway, as far as policies go, I highly agree with the "barefoot at own risk" sign. Sounds like a great idea. The only thing I could imagine would go wrong is if some manager or employee disagrees with it they might be prone to "accidentally" drop glass everywhere or something in retaliation to the sign. Like it would matter to a seasoned barefooter anyways~

2. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

dead rollback fairies

LOL that is a hoot. I can understand your reluctance about the parking lot. I don't let that bother me, guess thats why I, why I, why I have this nervous tic. I avoid wal mart and shop at Target

3. KParker730

KParker730 Member

I went to a Wal-Mart today for the first time in years! I was barefoot, but had my shoes in my backpack. I dont think the greeter noticed because i had long pants on. Well, pretty much i hate that store, and i was just walking around with a friend in there because we were bored. We were playing with this rubber ball, just like bouncing it and passing it to each other, and i, being a complete dumbass, walked right out the front door with it in my hand. I didnt realize until i was walking into the movie theaters later, that i never paid for it! whoops... at least they didnt catch me

4. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

Hah, funny. They probably wouldn't care anyway. I read somewhere that they're not gonna charge people who steal under $25 worth of merchandice because it costs them too much to do so. Also they're doing away with layaway as of December 15th.