i hate to bring this up...but i must..

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Dark Star, May 30, 2004.

1. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

yea. ive just been reading the forums alot in the young hippies section and ive veen noticing alot of negativity. not just with replies but alot of topics as well. i dunno what it is but this generation and the next are coming from a very hateful and violent time where its sociably acceptable to have anger and frustration and paid in your life. its a major part of our lifes. not mine personally but the generations. i see so many replies on here that are completely useless to say and only brings negativity to this place. theres no reason for that guys. seriously. we are the light that will make the world a better place. read on abbie hoffman's speach durring his CIA protest trial where he speaks of how the young will change the world. that it is the young who bring new ideas and issues into the world. lets make them positve ones. lets make them a new way of thinking from this world of hate. we are supposed to be the ones who are against this way of life and yet you continue to use it in our forums. i know that im going to get replies from the very ppl doing these things but im prepared for it. im sure others will respect what i have to say. lets keep this a place of refuge from the ugly society that we must face every day of our lifes. lets keep this a place of peace. :) this is all.

2. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Of course there's a lot of negativity; our current generation is all about expressing itself. Whether you want to believe it or not, everything you do is some way of you reaching out to present what you are; what you want people to know.

And I have to disagree with you on the young people bringing new ideas into the world bit; I know plenty of close-minded individuals who take one look at me and catch wind of the fact that I smoke bud occasionally and they instantly lose any respect that they may have had, even though they don't know me. New ideas cannot come from closed minds; and our generation is going to have that, unfortunately. The world is full of hate and there's nothing any of us can do about it, people are going to think what they want because that is what our generations ideal is; sorry.

3. joe

joe Banned

Its Ignorance i hate and i reply with common sense mostly its stern but the level of irrationiality on this ENTIRE site is enough to cause a person's brain to implode
    dont give me "Well then Dont come here then" crap because sometimes there is intelligence on this site and its the only place where i can speak with people who can actually understand some things.

Anyway, umm "free Speech"

4. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

See now, that's being a little overly assertive for being on a message board. I feel the same way a lot of the time, but I don't even mention it; I don't even hint it unless it's asked for (like in this topic).

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

Ocean Byrd: so you are dissagreeing with abbie hoffman and many many many other ppl when they say that the young will bring change and new ideas and issues into this world? if this is what your saying then please explain to me why you believe this but otherwise its insane to believe that the new generations to come and the ones at this moments will not bring new ideas and changes to this world...and if anything the generation before us has the close minds not us. this new generation and ours is based on speaking their point. i understand this. but its the negative outlooks that we are having on this. speaking our point is not the cause for negativity. you can easily speak your point or opinions on peace and happiness. its not all negativity ya know. so thats not the cause of it. it is something else unknown. looking back at your reply i think you may have miss understood me. when i was quoting abby he was speaking of the youth of genrations will be the ones who bring in the new ideas. when these youths get older like the generations before them, they loose track of all their mental independence and beliefs. they are the ones with the closed minds. not the young. so i think you may have missunderstood that part.

joe: no i understand their may not be some of the sharpest tools in the sheds around here. god knows i make stupid remarks as many others do. its the negative responses ppl get back is what dissrupts me. what is the point in telling someone they made a mistake by putting them down? what is the point in making someone feel below themself because you or anyone else did not like what they have said? and its the ppl on thsi board who have no reason to post sometimes they do is what really makes me laugh. i mean these ppl come into hippie forums and talk shit to ppl saying hippies are dumb and get a haircut and a job and all that nonesense. well its quite immature and childish to do something like that. im not saying you do i was simply stating that.

anyways. i dont really that i can make too big of a difference on anyones response choices but im just trying to simply tell yall that theres no reason to be assholes to ppl nearly trying to have a conversation because your behind a computer and a label of free speech. sure it says free speech and this is true..but just because you have the power and freedom to put someone down...doesnt mean its the right thing to do..or the nicest. what is anyone trying to prove on this forum by responding with asshole remarks? nothing. no gain. no award. nothing hahaha. so you see my point?

6. thepixies

thepixies Member

sorry but tor really pisses me off

7. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I agree about the negativity.........today i was coming home from the gym.....and by the grocery store i seen these 'hippy' kids......and the one girl was standing there pointing and yelling "FUCK ALL THESE PEOPLE" and i thought to myself ... OMG....she's supposed to be a hippy....but apparently she's very angry.....i thought hippies were about peace, love, and happiness.......well......... i guess not in her case.......:(

8. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

I hear ya pixies. There are certain people on here that I can't stand. And Dark, keep in mind too that this is just the internet...I'm really not so negative and blunt in real life. This just gives me a place where I can express myself freely without having to worry about running into someone on the street. I've stopped worrying about my generation...I'm leaving the country as soon as I can before my generation comes into power and the results of bad parenting and video games come into full light.

-Kate

9. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

I hope you realize what a stereotype that is, so I'm not even going to bring it up. But that doesn't mean "hippies" don't have any emotions besides happiness. For gods sake, we're all human. Unless your a pothead whose permanently stoned, everyone gets mad. There's nothing wrong with it so long as you don't hurt someone else.

-Kate

10. Orsino

Orsino Member

I totally agree.. lmao. These people are all like "oh golly gee whiz... let's go eat some cocaine and snort a pineapple"

11. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

stereotypes suck. thats why people can turn out really really bad. but from what was started on this thread, i cna only think of

"its ignorance"-Michael Jackson-hes so kewl haha

12. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

alot of us have different types of emotions, and i do see people expressing them here, which is their right, and i can see it, if you are posting because you believe in something..or want someones view on something..but there are those on here, that are only being mean and negative to get some if not all of us riled up, they are doing it on purpose and enjoying it..and i think all of ya'll know who i'm referring to..

13. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

Im just guessing here but probably the people she was cursing out had done things to her and she got tired of all those things...Not everybody can let things just go, and get very irritated...
    There is alot of hatred in the forums...but if that;s what they have in their minds let them be open minded...isn't that what our ancestors fought for...so we could speak our minds out and not have a person to tell us how to think...Sure it might not help our envirement but we cant point a gun at them and make them beleive in what you belive in...
    Peace and Love...

14. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

I think they're just being mean cause they're pissed that people are cracking down on "hehe i have a burito!" posts. :p

15. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I am sorry.....but i think that you should never yell the F word to anyone ..... it is just rude....and i think it makes you look like trash....

and she was pointing at everyone......not just one person in particual.....i got the idea that she just had a general hatred for people that were not like her..

16. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

i love everything and everyone. i wish i could share the love but the negativity will keep that from happening. just let things go ppl. if not then thats fine too. your just hurting yourself. peace everyone no more fighting this topic needs to end

17. Orsino

Orsino Member

you are full of hate right know, try to think positivly ;)

18. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Keep in mind that she might have just been joking around with her friends...

19. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I don't think it was a very funny joke...when i drive by and some girl i do not know stands there, points at me and yells fuck you...

i believe that there is certain edicate you should follow in public...Cursing at the top or your lungs is one of those things I think should never be done....It's just respect for others.....

20. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

Good work, Dark Star, I concur with you.

Don’t let words upset you, especially this one: Stereotype.

People who shout obscenities spread negativity; they’re making it more difficult to be positive.

My crotch makes a good point: let loose, don’t be so touchy.

Someone being a jerk? Don’t get mad… laugh. Unless they’re stabbing or shooting you or physically abusing you… simmer down.