I hate tax time

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Frieden, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Because every year I end up fighting with my mom. For som reason, she thinks she can claim me, because according to FAFSA, I am a dependent until I'm 23, I believe. Oh yeah, the IRS has already been up my ass about me claiming myself for last year, because guess what? My mom claimed me as well, even after I told her not to. She hasn't supported me since I graduated HS. Even when I've lived in her house, I paid her rent, always.
    She says there's a way she can claim me, as well as myself claiming me...that she isn't really "claiming" me. What-the fuck-ever.She can deal with the IRS this time around. Since I actually had one of my landlords send me tax forms for my paid rent for this past year, I have proof that I lived by myself for over half of the year.

Fuck tax time. I never get shit back anyways, because I don't have a zillion kids, not married, not disabled, no mortgage, etc, etc, etc. Tax time is always a screw you to those single, young, responsible mo-fos. We got nothing better to pay for, so why not taxes? Why I bet my sister will get more back than I, and the only work she did this year was cash her welfare check, and at the end of the year, acknowledge she has a couple bastards.

2. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

I planned our exemptions just right... we're getting $22 back this year. woohoo!!

3. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Your $22, no doubt, will be higher than I'm expecting back. Roughly 15% of my paychecks go to taxes, and when you make shit, it has an impact. But my being piss poor is irrelevant, because Im young and single. I didn't even qualify for the state health care, and I didn't even have an income when I applied. Such shit.

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

according to the IRS she can claim you no matter what your age is. you just cant claim yourself if she claims you..
    you can claim someone who isnt even related to you as long as they dont claim themselves..

however,if you claimed yourself,yeah,,thats a NO NO..

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

You can! It's a great loophole and way to get partially reimbursed for taking care of someone's stupid ass for a year. Completely legal. So supporting that bum for a year sort of paid off.

6. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Since I moved myself and all my assets out of the USA tax time does not bother me.:)

Tax free baby!

7. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Oh, I'm aware. She just thinks she entitled to claim me, because when I apply for student aid, the government considers me a dependent until such and such age, which is a total crock. That way my family expectant contribution will be some outlandish number, instead of the reality of what it really is---a pat on the back.

8. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

can I claim you then?

9. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Sure but having my Social Security number on your tax return will automaticly flag an audit alert in the IRS computers.

Plus the US government knows exactly where I live so I do not think that would work.

10. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

damn bureaucracy :mad:

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

under age 24 and a be a full-time student for at least five months out of the year, or

12. hiro

hiro pursue it

I am considered dependent to my mom as well because of FAFSA. It is a huge pain to me as well because my mom doesn't even pay for my schooling... so she gets to claim me and I get shit for FAFSA because I am a dependent.

But it will all be over next year.

13. wally m

wally m 14

Try being self-employed 15% is nothing. Next month I send more like 27-28% of what I made last year.

14. telephone

telephone weird

I got real mad when I thought I owed the government 250 bucks, but my mom realized she couldn't claim me afterall and now I'm getting 750 back :D

15. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

you know you don't have to pay taxes

16. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

but youre young. I always get lots back.

17. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

sorry, but thats kind of ignorant. if you dont pay taxes, dont bother using any services either.

18. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

but do you live in her house?

19. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

but it's true.. depends if you have the balls or not to do it

20. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

It has shit all to do with balls.