I Hate Money!!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by nonya, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hammers last longer...

2. wrat1

wrat1 Members

not always

3. Sunshine.lover

Sunshine.lover Newbie

I don't hate money but I'm not care about money

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. vonShadowwalker

vonShadowwalker Members

Money makes slave of us all. The secret is needing less , so they control you less.

5. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I'm still saying that we should just release the use of helicopter money as a permanent solution to fund basic income for all. This current debt-based system is bullshit. It maintains completely unnecessary artificial scarcity. In this current system, you're literally allowed to starve and go homeless in most parts of the world, if you don't have enough green pieces of paper in your bank account, violating your basic rights as a human. The alternative is to get into debt. But if you fail to meet your payments, your creditors, very often these cold and cynical people who don't give a shit about you as a person, are then given an unreasonable amount of power and influence over your personal life as they begin to collect. And you can only borrow so much, before it becomes unsustainable anyway.

What we need is a system that considers the human factor, and the fact that our biological needs won't just cease and go away, while the powers that be try to fix their shit economy after it broke down for the umpteenth time, because the good old boys decided to give themselves a few tax breaks, while shipping all the jobs (a.k.a opportunities) to overseas. Indeed, assuming they even care to try, when they already have theirs. We need a system that rewards everybody. We need to erase the principle of hyperinflation, so that we can just start printing money directly to the individuals. Financial distress breeds contempt towards the system. Let it boil long enough, and the masses will take to the streets with torches and pitchforks, which could potentially undo decades worth of positive progress when society collapses. What we need is an infinite source, and today that is available to us in the form of digital currency. In ye olde days it was admittedly difficult to copy physical gold. But today computers could literally be used to create infinite wealth with just few key presses. We should seriously consider this.

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

I.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  7. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

This is why I couldn't fully embrace hippies. I admire a lot of the sustainable living and culture, but a medium of exchange is necessary. It need not be centralized like it is now, it only needs to be agreed upon by enough people to find value in it, but pure barter has a lot of downsides, such as limiting what you are able to trad.