I had to have a total hip replacement.

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Ugunsmate, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Ugunsmate

Ugunsmate Member

The hip was replaced on 28 December. I am recovering nicely. Praise be. I'd appreciate knowing anyone else who has had this type of surgery, to tell me of their experience.

I get PT 3 times a week. I was let out of the hospital on 31 December 2004. I hope that my health holds up in 2005, year of the ROOSTER (for what it's worth)....there is worse than THR, I know that.

I've been out of the house, last Saturday and see my OS (ortho surgeon) on 9 February.

I can walk again with no pain and am thankful for that.

U know who.

2. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

Glad to hear you're better and pain free. Bet you feel like a new person!! :)

3. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

i might have to have my knee replaced....keep goin out on me...and the sad thing is i am only 16!

4. spooner

spooner is done.

yeah my knee is completely fucked. broke the actual kneecap into 3 pieces, tore my ACL completely in half and some damage to other ligaments as well. been in for surgery 4 times already...

hockey accident.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Glad your feeling better. [​IMG]

6. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

My grandma had to have a hip replacement about 2 years ago. Just be sure you get plenty of excercise and go to your PT regularly. I work at a rehab hospital, and most of our patients are hip-replacementees. We've had several patients that don't get any PT, and they can't move their leg at all after it's been put up for so long without movement. Good luck.

-Nurse Kate

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've volunteered quite a bit with my mom and right now they're down to seven patients... I quit doing it because of school and all and needing some rest. My mom has had 13 years as a nurse in a rehab unit in a convelescent center/nursing home. Quite a few hip replacementees there, as well, and I find that generally, in rehabilitation, a lot of people aren't motivated and seem to get depressed so everyone really has to keep their chin up and it really makes it tough sometimes... just keep pushing on and be thankful that it wasn't something worse. :p :) and, as kate said...

8. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

My mother had a hip replacement on both sides nearly 10 years ago. A few weeks later she could walk around again, did all the PT and had no more pain or other problems since this day. I wish you good luck and a new painless mobility.
    Don't forget to Boogie!

9. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

mine knee problem was softball basketball track and field hiking hockey etc....just about any sport there is ....my dad would put me in it