I had a bad night trying to talk my cousin out of suicide

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Jennifer19, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

No no you have not I’m very worried I keep telling him if something happened I would not recover my life would be reined and he says if something happens too me he would not recover either

2. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I love my aunt and uncle but the way they treat him is so awful telling him he is gonna get so fat that he won’t be able too do the jobs they are too lazy too do

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

@Jennifer19 Perhaps a chat with your doctor about the weight gain on that particular drug. Maybe there is something else that doesn't make you so hungry.

@Boozercruiser I am very sad to hear about your wife's nephew. I hope your family rallies around and helps the mother and children he left behind.

I don't know what to do about depression, but I see that it really ruins people's lives.

jagerhans and newbie-one like this.
  4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Is your cousin still living with his parents? I think young adults need to move out on their own to find themselves. Maybe you could get him to go for a walk in the woods or up some mountains to re-connect with nature.
    As for being overweight he needs to re-evaluate his diet. Cut out fizzy drinks,fruit juice and alcohol to start with. He needs to stop eating margarine and seed oils.Replace with butter and dripping . Coconut oil is fine early on in the day.

5. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Yes he lives with his parents I still live with my mom we’re both on disability There’s no other drug out there that works good as Zyprexa for us

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Do you think he would be able to move in with you?

7. newbie-one

Sorry that this happened. Condolences to you, your wife, her sister, and the family he left behind.

8. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

He needs to move out of that toxic environment.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  10. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for your very kind words there Jennifer.
    You are very obviously a very kind and thoughtful young Lady.
    I guess the reason this subject gets to me a bit is that my Father committed suicide by putting his head in a gas oven when I was aged only 7.
    I am told it was because he thought, rather wrongly as I understand that my Mother was having an affair.
    She remarried 3 years later, so I was brought up by my Step Father who I have to say was very good as Stepfathers go.

But my Fathers suicide has troubled me my whole life really, and I ain’t no spring chicken! :smilingimp:

I only wish if I could have talked to my Nephew, I perhaps I could have told him about the troubled legacy he has left his very young children, and this just may have made him think twice.

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am really triggered right now so I will try and take it easy.

Zyprexa ripped the life out of me and almost killed me.

Nothing felt fun, nothing, tired all the time. Then when I tried to quit I got sicker then a person quitting heroin for weeks of withdrawal couldent sleep. Hospitalized, vomiting's couldn't eat. Sick for weeks getting of that poison./

I think every book on how that stuff is made should be burned and every computer file with that information deleted.

That drug should be erased from the face of the earth.

And those Eli Lilly Criminals should have been put in prison.

Too triggered to continue.

ZenKarma likes this.
  12. newbie-one

Sorry that this happened. It's tough to lose a parent at any age, but especially that young, and especially by suicide.
    Do they know that he committed suicide?

Maybe you could spend some time with them. Nothing can really replace their dad, but having other family members pull closer could help a lot.

13. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Zyprexa has done wonders for me only thing that helps - the weight gain I know meds effect every person differently my doc tried upping on that I had bad side effects but it does helped me when I don’t take it I get very manic

14. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Hi Jenny, didn't hear of you for quite awhile. Keep staying in touch with him like you did so far and make him feel supported. About his parents, when people are like that often there is no talking them out of their toxic ways, specially if they're elderly. See if you can involve him in something enjoyable... all the best suggestion have already been made, the dog could really help unless of course his parents won't get into his way about the dog, that could further complicate their relationship. All the best

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

When you don't take it you have withdrawals that masquerade as "mania".

All psychiatric drugs cause withdrawal reactions, including the antidepressants, stimulants, tranquilizers, antipsychotic drugs and ‘mood stabilizers’ such lithium. When the individual’s condition grows markedly worse within days or weeks of stopping the psychiatric drug, this is almost always due to a withdrawal reaction. However, misinformed doctors and misled parents, teachers and patients think that this is evidence that the individual ‘needs’ the drug even more, when in fact he or she needs time to recover from withdrawal effects.

Over weight + Zyprexa = Diabetes

Eli Got sued and lost for hiding this PsychRights: The Zyprexa Papers

1.4 billion dollars. I never got a dime. I tried.

Anyway how well is it "working" if a person has become overweight and suicidal as a result of it ?

Intoxication anosognosia (medication spellbinding) is an expression of this drug induced mental disability. Intoxication anosognosia causes the victim to underestimate the degree of drug-induced mental impairment, to deny the harmful role that the drug plays in the person’s altered state, and in many cases compel the individual to mistakenly believe that he or she is functioning better. In the extreme, the individual displays out-of-character compulsively destructive behaviors, including suicidal idealization.

The same spellbinding effect causes many patients to to then accept even more prescribed medications without realizing how much they are being harmed and how little they are being helped.

That was my story. Zyprexa is evil. If you ever escape it you will look back and be pissed.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    jagerhans and ZenKarma like this.
  16. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Wow I’m on 7.5 mg at one point my cousin doc took him off zyprexa he said it was worse then coming off his Vicodin addiction I’m in a very low dosage Whst were you on?

17. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

When my cousin doesn’t take zyprexa he hears voices he hears a little girl saying your gonna die

18. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

He was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder

19. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I’m over weight but not suicidal like him if I don’t take zyprexa I can’t stop talking Manic up at 3 in the moring rearranging drawers tearing my room apart

20. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

So was I AFTER that doctor messed me up with all those meds. Got diagnosed during a forced benzo withdrawal in the damn hospital.

So glad all this is well over a decade behind me.

Anyway unwanted voices, I guess Zyprexa could be appropriate . There is a website Hearing Voices Network: Welcome might be good for him to get involved.

"if I don’t take zyprexa I can’t stop talking Manic up at 3 in the morning rearranging drawers tearing my room apart"

My only complaints when I got prescribed that poison were insomnia and anxiety. When I quit taking it the withdrawal reactions were nausia, vommiting, insomnia from hell and all the symptoms they call schizoaffective disorder.

Then every believes "that this is evidence that the individual ‘needs’ the drug even more"

What a nightmare. All I did when I was on that stuff was stay at my moms and watch TV all day. No desire or motivation to do anything else.

I got off Zyprexa by digging another hole, heavy benzo use to combat the withdrawal anxiety attacks and insomnia.

But at least with benzo dependency I could feel as opposed to the Zyprexa.

What a horrible drug. Stuck between continuing to take it and being an unmotivated zombie or quitting and having withdrawal reactions from hell.

Zyprexa I found so evil, cause it robbed motivation but didnt really make you tired. Blocking out those d2 receptors and many others.

I remember saying to the doctors when asking for benzos to combat the Zyprexa withdrawals what the hell difference does it make if benzos are addictive when if I don't take this Zyprexa I get even worse withdrawal reactions then the benzos ?

Don't tell me Zyprexa is "non addictive" when if you miss a few doses you go out of your mind and physically sick. I went back to benzos heavy 6 mg a day.

I got a link for you The Last Psychiatrist: The Most Important Article On Psychiatry You Will Ever Read a good one.

Seroquel would have been a good tool to combat those nasty Zyprexa withdrawals now that I look back at it too.

I am so glad this is all years behind me. That POS doctor really screwed me up.