I had a bad night trying to talk my cousin out of suicide

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Jennifer19, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Just was a really bad night my cousin he’s overweight he does need to lose weight I need to lose weight too but his parents are so harsh towards him they always tell him how he is too fat how He needs too lose weight they’re constantly harping on him he was so upset last night he wanted to take a bunch Of his tranquilizers and just ended It I did everything in my power to stop him I said whatever I could I’m just really upset I don’t even know how to handle it anymore I would not survive if he did something to himself and I tried telling him that he is 42 years old his parents are so controlling with them he feels he has no way out I get it you know but suicide is not the answer and then telling him that he’s too fat you’re going to get so fat you’re not gonna be able to help us with the things that we’re not gonna be able to do with us getting up there in age he just had surgery he is not to lift anything over 20 pounds for at least two weeks he does everything they’ve ever asked him and the one time that he has surgery and he’s not able to do the jobs around the house he gets bitched at for it

Nadia Ramsey likes this.
  2. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I literally just lost my dad I cannot handle another loss I will not recover from that I won’t recover

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that this is happening Jen

Do you think your cousin might want to call a suicide hotline like samaritans? I think they can also be contacted via email.

There's also a site like suicideforum.com

It sounds like verbal abuse from his family is the main reason why he's suicidal. Is that correct? Is there another family member that he could live with?

Wishing him and you good things

Hugs

ZenKarma and Jennifer19 like this.
  4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Yes his parents comments are the main reason he already goes to a mental health place called north point he sees a caseworker but I don’t know how truthful he is too his caseworker he has no other family he lives with his parents they are so controlling he feels he has no way out he feels afraid of them try’s talking too them I try my best too keep him from doing anything

5. His parents need to put in their place. He needs to embrace that sorrow & turn it into ambition. He must not falter at life's obstacles lest weight become the least of his problems. No one said life is easy & we must take responsibility for our selves.

jagerhans, Eric! and ZenKarma like this.
  6. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Well said I keep trying too talk too him that’s terrible too say too your kid that your gonna get so fat
    You cannot do the things that we will not be able to do with us getting up there in age

7. Sorry Jen. Just keep supporting him and loving him

newbie-one likes this.
  8. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I do all the time I was in a complete panic that night he called too say good bye then says he is going too try and sleep I say there and cried In such a panic I was so upset couldn’t breathe I finally called him
    He said you must have been worried to call me

newbie-one and ZenKarma like this.
  9. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Years ago he kept talking about suicide said he was going to kill himself at his grandma Donna’s grave he kept talking about it was adamant about it I didn’t know what to do so I told his parents about it and it did not go good

10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

They were just so pissed off he wanted to check himself into the psych ward one year but his parents said he was not allowed to all the things they do for him and this is how you treat us

11. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

That sounds very sad, I hope your cousin gets help, and you find the strength to get though this.

newbie-one and Jennifer19 like this.
  12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Thank you it’s so hard I can’t say anything too his parents that would only make it worse for him

newbie-one likes this.
  13. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Yes, support your cousin but don't bother the parents...we are here for you Jennifer!

Barking Spider and newbie-one like this.
  14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

What kind of tranquilizers ?

I have taken some that make you so hungry there is just no resisting it.

Maybe type the name into search followed by the words weight gain and see what comes up. A friend of mine gained 50lbs in a few months taking ?? I forget but I know seroquel makes me so hungry I eat double before I feel full. I use it for sleep sometimes and before I get sleepy I am super hungry.

15. scroobius pip - magicians assistant

perhaps you can see if he would like to rescue or adopt a dog. it is fufuilling to take care of an animal that will love you and inspire one to get back to the world. my doggie she always wakes me up early and loves to go outside. she will outrun me more often than not. wish you guys the best. keep your head up.

newbie-one likes this.
  16. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I hope you don’t mind but it really does seem that for whatever reason suicide appears to be growing in numbers.
    We were in our home doodling around this afternoon not doing a lot when the telephone rang.
    It was my Wife’s Sister who was in floods of tears telling my Wife that her 22 year old Son had committed suicide this morning.
    So her Son was my Wife’s Nephew of course.
    So in turn my Wife is in floods of tears and is very weepy and miserable this evening.
    We don’t know the exact reason he did this yet.
    It just goes to show though that one never knows the minute!

Jennifer19 likes this.
  17. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

He takes a benzo tranquilize we both take Zyprexa which makes us very hunger I’ve gained a lot of weight from taking that and so has

18. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Ohh my god I’m so sorry prayers too your family :( that’s terrible

newbie-one likes this.
  19. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

He had many dogs in the past they got sick and passed away he lives with his parents they would never allow him to get dog iv talked too him about if he misses having a dog he said he doesn’t

20. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for your kind words Jennifer.
    Apparently he had been suffering for a very long time with depression.
    He leaves two very young Children behind, which makes it all so much sadder and harder to understand why he would do such a thing.

I do hope I have not caused you even more worry and upset though Jennifer by saying this on your thread.