i gotta quit!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by hellraiser, May 17, 2004.

1. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

i have a serious problem......i am very addicted to crack and i cant stand it anymore. i have tried to quit but whenever it comes around i find myself starting to freak out untill i give up and take some, i even have people trying to help me but nothing is working. if anyone has any advice plz answer, im willing to do anything to quit.

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

go get professional help not ur friends, try to seperate urself from the enviromnent u r in, if u can move to some place with a close friend or relative and try to lvie in a place wher eu can relax and be happy

3. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

thats rough, only 16

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

yeah,your screwed and probably never going to get off the stuff if you don't go into rehab.

5. BoozeJockey

BoozeJockey Member

Rehab is over-rated, plus you will get labeled a drug abuser in your medical records. Be strong and do it on your own, you can do it! If you want to quit, then obviously it's done something bad to your life. Anytime you wanna smoke the rock just think of all the bad it's caused in your life and that should help. Narcotics Anonymous might help. I would only go to rehab as an absolute last resort, and rehab won't even help you unless you really want to quit anyway, which if you do, you can do it on your own.

6. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Usually changeing you're environment helps, which does not neccessarily involve moveing. You'll have to change you're freinds(Usually the hardest part) and also find something like a hobby or interest or whatever to direct you're motivation to. KEEP YOU'RE SELF BUSY. Try to become more aware of you're impulses and any distractions around you and work to avoid or correct them. Have faith in you're self. You can do it.
    ;)

7. hellraiser

hellraiser Member

it took a long and painfull time but i maneged to quit i did without re-hab, without leaving all my friends. it still gets brought up every now and again but i finally have the ability to say no

8. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Even being six months after your first post on this, it will still be hard at times. My Mom is a "recovering" crack addict. She couldn't stop, despite bottoming out at an EXTREMELY LOW bottom, without getting arrested and pulling 6 months in jail. Crack doesn't give you much of a choice! I commend your progress. You have already been more successful than many, if not most people trying to quit this devastating drug. Stay strong! I urge caution when seeing the friends you used with. Obviously, it can be done without getting rid of your friends, but it probably will provide more temptation. Just stay focused and confident. It sounds like you will do fine.

Good job, and good luck to you. I KNOW it isn't easy.