I got my first guitar!!! for christmas!

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by iscreamchocolate, Dec 29, 2004.

1. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

I got my first guitar on christmas!!! I was so excited.. It's an coustic (Lauren) guitar!!! My boyfriend is coming over soon and he's going to teach me how to play!!! yay!!

2. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

sweet!

3. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

if any more people play guitar im going to fucking smash every guitar ever made

4. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Why, do you not play it?

5. deadonceagain

everyone and there brother plays guitar a few play bass and its almost impossable to find a drummer or kerbord player and i know one person who play harmonica me im the only one in my town i know of and every one has a rock or hardcore band no one plays blues or jazz no techno or eletroic artists either

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know what you mean... that's why I'm a multi-instrumentalist, but I focus on guitar... and I experiment a lot.

7. deadonceagain

orsino what kind of music do you play

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

You are right about that, pretty much everyone plays guitar or bass, I know a girl who plays drums, thats it though.

9. peace_is_possible

peace_is_possible Member

cool beans I just got my first one on my b-day this year, the 8th of dec. good luck with yours!

10. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

do you live in the same town as i do? cause thats basically the same situation im in. I am a guitarest mainly, but i do play the piano when i can.

The drummers i know arent that good, or are already in a band. I cant really play with other guitarests cause all they want to do is solo, and they dont really know their scales or anything at all...anyway thats how it is here.

Always good to play guitar, or rather any instrument. Music is the essence of life :D

11. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

i too got a guitar for christmas its awesome!!

12. Orsino2

Folk/ Electric Blues/Rock/Jazz/Funk/Indie/Grateful Dead/Keller Williams/
    Neil Young/Whatever Comes To Mind/Techno/Electronica/Psychedelia/Lotsa Covers.

I am the founder of the Green Tea Symphony... and I've yet to create a site. I do have a soundclick, but my mikes are screwed... I need to get a few Shure SM57s and SM58s and a .wav-.mp3 converter.

I'm a one man band right now. :p The last time I gigged with a backing band, they didn't keep up and the drummer blew a PA speaker and got drunk... I can't rely on anyone... I know what you mean.

13. akiber88

akiber88 Member

i have a random washboard in my house........... mayb eill give up guitar and play that

14. Ebene

Ebene Mountaineer

Yeah, too many people are starting to play guitar. I'm more of a Blues player than anything.

Orsino, do you not know any web programming languages? I could help you get a site going.

15. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

Guitar is the most awesome instrument in the world...imo.

16. Orsino2

I know some... just haven't bothered much. Have been busy working out technical problems with gear lately.