I go to vote....a comedy.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by MeAgain, Nov 8, 2017.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Tues. January 7 and I'm off to cast my vote.
    It's about 5:00 PM and I'm going to meet my wife at the polling place because we always vote together, just in case one of us decides not to go.
    It's been snowing all day so I head out to clean the van off so I can see where I'm going. I hit the remote starter and proceed to wipe 2" of new snow off all the windows and the headlights.
    Then I jump in and head down the road after spinning a bit trying to get out of my driveway.

About three fourths of the way there I smell plastic burning and I'm looking around for someone burning old plastic bags in the snow. But I don't see anyone. I get to the old school house and my wife is just pulling in so I park beside her and jump out.
    "Your headlight is burned out", she says.
    "Really, they're not that old."
    We had bought the van used about 8 months ago and it had those stupid blue headlights installed that had to warm up and never worked right so I threw them away and went back to the original factory ones.

Well screw that I had to go save the world by casting my vote. I voted a split ticket going for two Republicans and the rest Democrats.
    Afterward my wife needed gas so I said I'd stop with her...'cause we do everything together.

My wife pulls up to the pump and I pull over into the lot, jump out of the van and lift the hood because I still smell that plastic.
    I look down and there's my driver's side headlight bulb laying on the wiring harness burning into the plastic. It had fallen out of the mount and was smoking away.

I reached down with my left hand and grabbed it by the wire as I had visions of it burning through the harness and shorting out the entire car. Of course I left the engine running and the headlights on so now I'm holding the bulb in my left had and supporting the hood with my right because I didn't put the hood support in place.

And the bulb is about 6,000 degrees and blinding me.
    I can't seem to find the hole it belongs in with one hand so I'm trying to reach the hood support with my right hand, which is holding up the hood, but it's way over there and I have this 6,000 degree bulb in my left hand.

My only option is to try and hold the hood up with my head and slide along the underside with the top of my head until I can reach the support.
    Carefully, carefully I slide along still holding the bulb and ripping out head hairs until I finally get the support and snap it in place!

Free at last! Now I have two hands to reinsert the bulb back where it belongs.
    I carefully grab the wire holding the bulb with my right hand and reach down with my left to find the mounting hole.

BAM! The bulb touches something and explodes!
    Shit! so much for that...now I have to buy a new headlight bulb.

But the Democrats did pretty well in the election so I guess all is good.
    An the snow is melting.

GLENGLEN and Moonglow181 like this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

LOL!

I have done that before...had to use my head to free up a hand.......

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

january 7th?...and democrats did well?...this is comedy fiction right?

Orison likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I guess he meant Nov
    The democrats killed it this election

That's how american politics work, havent you heard? Put a democrat in power and there will be a backlash and a republican will be elected the next election, and vice versa

Pretty much anyone who attached their star to Trump got owned yesterday

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, when a trans person wins in the south, you know that backlash is in full swing.

GLENGLEN and Meliai like this.
  6. MeAgain

Oops...Nov. 7.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"Dazed and Confused indeed" :)

MeAgain likes this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The Virginia Governorship along with the legislature was a good pickup for the Dems

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You guys had snow already??

10. MeAgain

It was a shock.
    The entire North East got hit with an Arctic cold front.

[​IMG]

Asmodean likes this.