I Gave In!!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Jadis, May 23, 2007.

1. Jadis

Jadis Member

So I have wanted dreads for years now. For concerts and random events I used to "dread" my hair with the hair glue from Got2B...but now that's not enough.
    I gave in yesterday.
    Finally, after much thought, consideration, talks with the boyfriend, and polling my friends, I put a dread in.

Yeah, one. His name is Frank N'Furter.
    I waited a few hours to get used to the feeling. Then I decided I liked it, so I put in another.
    Now I'm working on the 3rd one...and I've decided to do my whole head.

See, I'm a theatre major, and I'm looking for a job at the moment (I dont care where... I just need the moneys >_<) so getting dreads was going to be a problem. If I was an art major (which I would have done if I wasn't in the theatre department) I would have had dreads a LONG time ago.
    Getting parts in plays would be difficult.

So I decided that I'm going to keep them in for the summer. Don't worry- I haven't used wax, or any product at all- just my cleaned no conditioner or soapy stuff hair.

I figure after a while at the end of the summer if they don't lock up too much I can brush them out...

But I could be mistaken.

Cheers, all!! I'm glad to be a part of the dreddy family finally!!!!

2. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

if you want to comb them out later.. don't make them.. why put a lot of effort in it and later comb out.. then you'd better have fake dreadlocks..

3. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

yeah. once you decide yo have them, you should keep them. if your afraid you wont like them or anything, they mgith not be for you. but go ahead and give it a shot. hope they go well for you