I finally did it

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lodog, Oct 7, 2013.

1. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

My wife would chop me into little pieces if she caught me lying or cheating on her, but of course I would never do it, cause I respect and love her..

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Ha! That's a laugh. Same could be asked of you.

quick edit- You guys did an awesome job of turning Lodog's thread into a circus. I'm done with it, I won't have anymore part in it. Respond all you want, don't expect replies.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

oh god dude, you're so weird and twisted.

oh, and everyone has fantasies about other people. I never tried to claim otherwise. Everyone is entitled to their own private thoughts. There is a huge difference in fantasy and acting on it in reality.

4. Tom1

Tom1 Member

What.... Santa's not real???? No rudolph or elves??? Thats bullshit ... you lot are aresholes for ruining the past 26 christmas'... thanks for ruining my evening lol

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Who said elves are not real.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Is there a thread in which VanillaGorilla doesn't mention daddy thing or daddy issues?
    Funny how he can include that in every topic.

7. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Wait, Calgirl is married???

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

LOL :rofl: :D surprising, right?

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Probably Shouldn't Be Asking This, But Can Someone

Give A Brief Rundown As To Why She Spat The Dummy, Methinks It Was

Something That Happened When I Was Getting My Beauty Sleep,

Because When I Logged In Next Morning There Was Shit Splatered

All Over The Newly Painted Random Thoughts Walls...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

10. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Shit

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Come on Circus, he was just talking about them getting bored and fed up with each other. And all these wonderful little affirmations start popping up in this thread. And others claiming the never ever lie to their partners....if not Santa Claus then way to Disney or off with the fairies. People lie to their partners all the time.

And to keep Piaf happy, something about Daddy issues which explains everything so I've included it in his post as well

To most guys this:
    Just translates to " I found someone way hotter and fell over my woody for"

And this to "we're both better off with her not holding me back from getting a hotter girlfriend"

12. Asmodean

To be more precisely that is how it translates to YOU, and not to everyone else by definition. You sound bitter indeed, why not be happy not everyone perceive things as you do :p
    Would you go so far that Lodog in fact would be a good person if he didn't say anything and kept with his former partner while both are unhappy? If not, then it is a good thing he confessed to her and broke up, right? Arguing about everybody lies to their partner with using examples of Disney, Santa or "I did take out the thrash, really!" etc. seems more like arguing semantics than seriously arguing about a relationship matter.

13. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Self happiness isn't' the deciding criteria. To achieve your own often means you hurt others in the process. With my husband, he is an adult and neglected his marriage terribly and there has been consequences (no it wasn't retaliation). But I wasn't going so far as to hurt my kids by breaking up their home. Yet here I am now.....getting divorced.....and well I pay consequences again.

14. Asmodean

Yes yes, naturally you consider your kids AND partners happiness as well. That's exactly why some seem to find VG's criticism dubious.

15. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Everyone jumps in to approve that Lodog was honest and that is all that matters. Then everyone goes so far as to say they're honest all the time, which can't be true. VG makes valid points.

16. Asmodean

I didn't saw people saying that they're honest all the time? Perhaps they mean they are trying all the time to not seriously deceive their partner or cause them chronical unhappiness? Everybody can cheat once in awhile about doing the dishes for example. VG makes a valid point every once in awhile, sure. But his nitpicking here and his bitterness about relationships in general seems not really an admirable outlook to me at all.

17. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

I personally never lied to my daughters about Santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny, etc..
    I told them as soon as they could understand that most parents lie to their kids about that and I only want to be honest with them..true story..they may have made other kids cry at school telling them the truth, but I do not care, what matters is that I was honest with them..seems kinda ridiculous to lie to your kids when you know they will find out you lied to them..not really starting a trusting relationship with them from the get go..when will they know you are telling the truth?

haha..the circus continues

18. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I find the Santa/tooth/bunny lie is a great tool to get kids to question established notions based on 'because I said it was true' I think it's a controlled deception that can possibly help with critical thinking skills. If Santa is a lie then what else is a lie? Don't take people at their word, figure it out for yourself.

Santa is one of the most benign of the lies that we tell children.

19. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

A not-so-benign deception is for people to label themselves as honest all the time. Or that any life scenario can be handled if honest. It's just not how it works.

20. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

honesty is the best policy, except on internet forums