I feel so naked!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by BellaGitana17, May 21, 2004.

1. BellaGitana17

BellaGitana17 Member

Last week my hair was at my ass and now it's around my neck! I cut it all off to give it to locks of love and I LOVED my hair it was my pride and joy but I can only imagine how much the child who gets it will love it! Anyway the point to this is to encourage people to give to locks of love if you've got hair to spare give it to a child who doesn't have the choice of cutting it or letting it grow! I mean long hair is very hippie but so is helping others! It's just hair it WILL grow back!
    peace and love

2. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

that is a really great cause you donated you hair to. congrats to you. i would do the same, but i have dreads. it's a little bit different with dreads. plus, when i cut them, i want to keep them to remind me of when i had them. this is a cause i think is definetly worth giving to though, and i may do so in the future.

3. metro

metro self-banned

I did that too about 3 years ago. My hair was down to the middle of my back and I got it cut really short. It's nice to give to locks of love, makes ya feel good[​IMG].

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I feel naked too, but that's because i am naked.

How long does my hair have to be before i can give ?

5. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

I think that was a really decent thing for you to do. :) And don't worry, you'll get used your hair cut.

6. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

:eek: i would have a heart attack if i cut my hair... it takes so long to grow out..

and my hair is gettin kinda long...

i wuv my hair..

but .... if it was down to my but.. i would grow it out like... 6 more inches and then cut some off for locks of love.. so its still got some length ...

7. crzydiamond

crzydiamond Member

i donated my hair about 2 months ago and it was sooo scary !! i was really nervous but now i am used to my hair cut and you are right it will grow back!!!! at least now you have shorter hair for the summer and it will start getting long again by winter... thats the way i look at it....:)

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Please, please please consider Wigs for Kids in Ohio if you donate.

They really DO make hair wigs for kids with alopecia and chemotherapy loss.
    (LOL will sell the hair on the open market and buy synthetic wigs. They also have complaints with BBB)

9. BellaGitana17

BellaGitana17 Member

I think six inches but I'm not positive

10. Acorn

Acorn Member

i thought it was 12 inches.
    i did that too a few years ago. my hair went from the middle of my back to my ears. i lived though and its grown back.

11. Velouria

Velouria Member

When I was little my hair was down to my butt and I cut it up to my shoulders. I liked it tho. Now it is really long again and I never want to cut it. Well at least not until it gets too long and stringy. That was cool of you to donate yours.