I feel so horrible...

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Amanda790, May 24, 2004.

1. Amanda790

Amanda790 Member

I feel so horrible that I can't help all these animals from the cruelty they face everyday. Sometimes I just can't even sleep because I know somewhere an animal is in extreme pain and is dying. Does anyone else feel that way? What do you do?

2. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

You do what you can do. It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the extent of the cruelty humans inflict upon the animals with whom we share this planet. I have an AA plaque up in my house that is appropriate to this and so many other situations:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

We are not going to bring about the end of animal torture overnight. Instead of getting down about all the animals suffering and dying in slughterhouses for people's dinner, in labs to test cosmetics and household cleaners, etc., etc., I focus on what I CAN do.

I can choose not to consume animal products. I can choose not to purchase cosmetics and household cleaners produced by companies who test on animals. I can choose not to wear silk, leather, goosedown, wool or fur. And I can educate my friends and family about my compassionate lifestyle. I can educate myself on the issues to be a better spokesperson for the animals. I can contribute a portion of my earnings to PETA, Farm Sactuary, or another worthy cause that speaks for the animals. I can make sure I spay my dogs so as not to contribute to the homeless companion animal problem in this country. I can choose to rescue a companion animal from a rescue group or my local animal shelter instead of supporting puppy mills by purchasing an animal at a pet store. I can write polite, intelligent letters to Congress, the Senate, and the companies engaged in animal abuse and exploitation. I can write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. I can participate in demonstrations. In short, there is a ton I can do to directly and indirectly help to ease the suffering of exploited animals. And if just one person hears what I say or write and changes their own life because of it, then it's all worth it.

3. peacegal

peacegal Member

4. clawsy

clawsy Member

It also makes me really sad.

I try and help doing things like the second post, even doing small things can make you feel like you are helping and its not so pointless.

I also believe in life after death and I am learning about mediumship, I’ve started to have some communications with spirits to pass messages onto people. I am a real newbie at this, but i find it amazing.(btw everyone can learn to do it to some degree, its not a gift only some people get).

Anyway I have been lucky enough to see/hear a few animal spirits and I know in my heart without a doubt that animals go to heaven, they live eternal have souls and are beautiful. When i feel sad about them I try to think of their guardian angels helping them, I try to think that angels help them in the most horrible places. I also believe animals can sense angels and spirits more easily than humans. I think upstairs is caring for them even if humans are nasty and cruel.

This gives me hope, that even if they live terrible horrible lives being tortured by cruel humans, they go somewhere wonderful, and are important in this universe, that somehow they are protected and loved in ways human cruelty cant stop or interfer with.

sorry if this is off track, jsut these beliefs of mine give me hope its not so bleak, i don't mean to be pushing my beliefs onto people here! i know it sounds a bit nuts to some.