I feel like i should just give up on life... seriously

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by INFAMOUSmisfortune, Jun 7, 2010.

1. -_-HitMan-_-

-_-HitMan-_- Member

You admitted you're an addict, but then you try and dumb it down and say you're not a BAD addict.

Heroin addicts are all the same, no matter the level of addiction, I hope you realize that you need to stop. No other advice other than to stop.

Please, do ti for yourself, don't turn into a fucking waste of skin. Quit and get your parents to help with the process, trust me it might not seem like it at the time but they're looking out for you best interest, and you should too.

QUIT

2. IveBeenThere2

IveBeenThere2 Member

Hahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahhaaha

3. IveBeenThere2

IveBeenThere2 Member

HhaahahhhahahaahahhahahahahahahahaaHhaahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahaahahahahhaahahahaahahaaaha

4. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

Well this thread turned to shit real fast...

5. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

This is the truth CT. Whether or not outside influence plays a role in many people's addiction, however, is a different story; if her parents were also recreational drug users, as she says of her father who she claims drinks too much on top of his history with cocaine use (or abuse, she didn't clarify if he was chipping occasionally or actually was a full-blown cokehead). Whatever the case, you are correct, sir, it is not his fault she began using, but it is likely to have played a role in her rationale and in her decision to start using.

Really, have you ever been to rehab? If so, as I have been (twice, and neither time would I call high points in my life, so don't even begin with the same tone on me as you're flippantly using with these young women), then you'd know you are totally full of it.

First of all, cold turkey is very difficult to manage and without medical supervision can be lethal. Therefore, weening down before jumping into such a vulnerable state is not only much wiser but is also the healthiest approach--and just stopping a drug doesn't stop the addiction, one needs counseling, support from their peers, and medical assistance to get through it without going through that brand of hell only to continue onward as a junkie. To stop a nasty habit like one such as heroin (diacetylmorphine), oxycodone, meperidine, fentanyl, hydromorphone, and/or methadone without first getting to a point where one is taking less and less, little by little, is in all actuality not even so much as advised to do by legitimate, compassionate, caring, and more adept doctors and rather, the opposite is encouraged for a more successful outcome to be achieved. Not one decent psychiatrist would forcibly go about their business exclusively treating people who're in the throws of severe withdrawal expecting for there not to be major setbacks with their patient(s).

Second, and mind you I was in a fairly decent clinic where blood pressure, temperature, questionnaires, and groups were all part of the process, in addition to that (and this is where family and friends come in), staff and doctors in rehab centers DO encourage and PREFER that family and friends be involved, and if you're a spiritual person, then they also tend to want for you to involve your god into the rehabilitative process. Even Dr. Drew from his hit television reality show about the celebrities in rehab subscribes to the notion that the addict will fare better with the involvement of family and friends. You are rather presumptive to go around assuming otherwise: Family, friends, and just a peer group in general ARE involved, no matter how you roll the dice. Statistically speaking, and generally speaking, people do not do as well with recovery if there's nobody for them to turn to while going through the agony, pain, fear, and dread of withdrawal. I worked my ass off to abstain from further opiate/opioid usage (not even abuse) even with familial assistance and support; and after I'd been in rehab (and I'm by no means either A.) unintelligent, B.) immature, C.) off my rocker, D.) proud of nor ashamed of myself (so dude, don't bother with insults, I really won't care either way if you think I'm a dirtbag because I've used heroin and enjoyed the shit out of it)), the only thing that changed for me (since I didn't even want to quit, or as you'd say, "Grow the fuck up!" And such a statement is not only rude, but it is counterproductive to a junkie's attempts at sobriety) was that I felt like dogshit for a couple of weeks while I struggled with stomach cramping, diarrhea, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, twitching, non-drug-induced hallucinations, heightened sensitivity (especially to pain stimuli, and *everything* was painful), and so on down the line with scores & scores of negative withdrawal effects.

I'm 33, and as for me, I'll stop using when the time feels right, I'm in the right head-space, and when I've got a permanent solution to both my pain that I've got to contend with daily that's resultant from a MVA, but also the pangs of withdrawal that I awake to every morning that *ONLY* pain pills or street drugs like smack will hide away from me for a while; so go ahead, take your best shot at either me or one of these girls, but at least get your facts straight: Everyone in the addict's life plays a role in their life as a drug addict, including the addict him/herself!

I bet you're smoking a bowl as we speak--you, you who are so judgmental of others, and you who are (I'm guessing) one of those people who doesn't view weed as a drug. And if you are getting high, keep this in mind since it's not opinion but fact: While the degree to which marijuana smoking is addictive is almost nonexistent, pot *IS* a drug every bit as much as ephedra, coca, khat, opium, psilocybin, peyote, ayahuasca, kratom, iboga, etc. Just because it grew up from the earth does not make it not]/i] a drug. Speaking of iboga, it contains the alkaloid ibogaine which in high enough doses will decrease your cravings and also help ease you off of your addictions to addictive drugs and alcohol. In fact, it's so powerful that it "resets" your brain over the course of the trip you go on while on it.

I have no feelings of ill will against you, Tom, but if you attack me and call me childish or tell me to grow up, I'll pick at you right back. Open up your mind for god's sake. Chipping at smack, while not being the wisest of drugs to choose from to do, does not a junkie make; and every junkie who wants to quit should be supported, not scorned and frowned upon. That's my two cents, that, and simply put, two words:

"Be nice."

After all, they're just young kids, those two girls. And furthermore, some of the comments you've made in this thread are awfully low blows going all the way back the beginning of the thread. Man, enough is enough already! You just don't go around harassing people like that that you don't even know, acting too like you know the person intimately enough to call them names and think you can get away with it. Well, you can't. Try and educate them (but don't bother with me, I've heard it all before and I, a.) have a home and my own bed to sleep in, b.) have legitimate localized chronic pain issues and syndromes (five specific things wrong, actually. So obviously I don't just like getting high off of opiates/opioids, but I also need them to function like the rest of society can), and c.) work or attend college when my back pain isn't too terribly bad.

So are we cool? I hope so...

6. does2

does2 Member

^

+1

I tried to rep you, but it's too soon :)