I fainted today

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by KozmicBlue, Feb 18, 2009.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

So my fiance broke his eyeball somehow. :rolleyes: He woke up this morning and his eye was so swollen and funky he couldn't see anything. It was so nasty, it was leaking all kinds of goo all over Tim's face. So anyhow, we got to the hospital and the doctor starts poking Tim's eye, pulling the eyelid, doing all sorts of horrible things to it, and then he takes this giant scary looking needle to squirt some orangey stuff into the eye.. and then I just fainted. Haha. It was so weird. I can't remember ever fainting before. I knew I shouldn't have watched so closely, this one time my old flatmate lost her contact lense in her eye and I felt queasy for about a week after trying to help her find it and pull it out. Haha.. yeah, eyeballs freak me out. You're not supposed to touch them!! Particularly with sharp objects. :eek:

I was so embarrased afterwards as well, both Tim and the doctor were laughing at me. :p And Tim was totally fine the whole time even though it was his eyeball. He said it was tickly. :rolleyes:

2. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

eeeeeeeewwwwww.. broken eyeball?!?! Oh my god. thanks, i just lost my appetite. Im sorry you fainted though, I couldnt have watched.

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Haha sorry :D

Ahh it's not exactly broken, he just has a long cut across the surface of his eye. Looks a lot worse than it is. It could have been serious if it had gotten infected however Tim's got all kinds of medicine for it now so it should heal just fine. Though he's really milking it right now.. :rolleyes: You know, man flu-style.

4. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

i wear contacts, i touch my eyes, it doesnt freak me out. but i have fainted before, thats scary! i fainted inside a bathroom stall once. i woke up on the floor next to the toilet and my friend was banging on my stall. i was just like wtf?? then i tried to wash my hands, and i fainted again, that time she caught me. to this day, i have no idea why i fainted twice in the bathroom at a club. (wasnt drinking)

5. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

hahahaha smart man. How did it happen? I mean, its not like you hear about it every day.

6. hiro

hiro pursue it

Jo, that is nasty. Really nasty. My friend called me yesterday and was telling me her brother just did something similar.... but he was drunk and effed his whole face up! Had to have plastic surgery and everything...

I laugh when people hurt themselves... its a nervous reaction.

7. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

I do too! my husband thinks im an ass, cus when he hurts himself i laugh.

8. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

He got something funky in his eye yesterday while plastering a house on a building site, he kept rubbing his eye and I guess that's what caused the cut. Ewwww. :p

9. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Bloody hell, is his face ok now?

I'm normally pretty good with that sort of thing, I don't get queasy if I see blood or cuts or whatever. It's just eyeballs. :D I swear it's because this one time back in secondary school, we had to slice a pig's eye.. and the noise it made when you cut into it, ugh.. I'll never forget it, it was like a loud wet crunch. And it spooged. Ewwww. Haha, childhood trauma..

10. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

eeeek. that makes me cringe just thinking about cutting the eye. and the ooze. ewwwww

11. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I know, makes me wanna faint again. :D Ugh..

12. neim

neim Member

i've always wondered about injured eyeballs, is your boyfriend ok?

13. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Way to make the situation about you. :eek:

14. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Dude, he's gotten plenty of pampering today :D

15. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

He's fine now, thanks. :)

16. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Sounds.... fun.

I cringed when I read it. :eek:
    Glad you're both okay though. :D

17. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Ewww. I would have had to look away fo sho...

I have never fainted though. I get major adrenaline rushes, but never faint. The adrenaline is probably why :D

18. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I almost wanna faint. Given the fact that I get fainting spells almost daily; it might be better to one day just go right ahead and black out rather than not experiencing the real thing.

19. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I have fainted one time in my life. I was at a Ratdog show. It was packed and we had just gotten super stoned. My friend hyperventilated and went on and on about how she was going to faint. I suppose I was sympathetic or some shit, because I fainted instead. Crowds don't bother me at all.....so it was not normal.

20. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I have fainted five times. The last time I busted my lip and had bruises all over my face and side. I feel bad for you because I hate fainting in public.

Never get a tat on your eye!