I dreamt that I helped colonize Mars.

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by drew5147, Jan 23, 2009.

1. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

I had a dream that I was one of the first pioneers to colonize Mars last night. It was quite strange, because it felt as if I was a pioneer from the 1800s. I remember seeing the mountains and all these caves. A woman in my party was worried that we wouldn't be able to plant seed plants, but we got by. We weren't wearing space suits, but we would ingest oxygen pills called goofballs, which I got from Kurt Vonnegut's novel, the Sirens of Titan. It has been one of my deepest desires to start a new life on Mars, ever since reading Red Mars, and the other books in the series. Overall, it was a wonderful and exhilarating dream.

2. obnoxiously

obnoxiously Member

I don't know about your dream, dude, but you should read the Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, if you haven't.

3. Ecomancer

Ecomancer Member

Hi Drew5147,
    The main message in this dream is to believe in yourself and your own path. No matter how far off the norm (or even out of this world) your dreams may take you, you will find it satisfying (wonderful/exhilarating emotion) and the beginning of something significant for mankind (1800s foundations).

By and by, you may worry that your plans will not yield any results (the worried woman), but your dream clearly suggests otherwise. As for the "goofball pills", be forewarned that much needed support during those ambiguous times may come with deragatory glances. Though you may find the aid you need (the oxygen pills), there will be little credibility added to the blessing ("goofball").

(That's the interesting thing about dreams -- while Kurt Vonnegut's novel did use the term "goofballs" for the oxygen pills you had to take every 6 hours, a dream may change the terminology or incorporate other concepts at will.)

Best of luck.