I Dreamed of a child

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by whispered-dream, Nov 23, 2013.

1. whispered-dream

whispered-dream Guest

...that in my dream I KNEW was mine even though i have no children. And for the longest time ive never wanted any children. I saw his face and he looked a lot like me, though i already knew he was my son. I can only slightly remember a few syllables of his name. We were checking out at a store and he picked up a little trinket off of a shelf without my knowing. We didnt pay for it and he ended up taking it home. I saw him with the toy and knowing i hadnt bought it for him, i questioned him as to where he got it. After awhile he confessed that he took it from the store.

I drove him back to the store and asked a cashier if i could see the manager, which she did. I made him publicly apologize for stealing and he gave back the toy to the manager. At this point he was at the brink of tears and i asked him "why are you sorry for stealing?" And he answered "because stealing is wrong."

So i asked "what happens to people who steal?" He answered, "they go to jail, and i dont want to go to jail" at that point he cried into my shoulder and the people around us clapped. I hugged him tightly and i felt this profound rush of happiness and closeness with this child. I was happy beyond words, somehow knowing that this experience would change him and that he would from then on, always be an honest person. As he cried i felt such a strong urge to comfort him and there was just this warmth in my heart that i cant even explain.

Even now, after waking up i still feel this warmth and i can almost still feel him crying into my shoulder and me holding him. Before this i never wanted to have /anything/ to do with children but what im feeling for this little boy...i just dont know. Now that ive woken up, i miss him and i wish he was here with me. I feel so empty all of a sudden. Could this dream be a premonition?

2. GanjaBabi

GanjaBabi Members

I believe your dream may be a premonition of the future and in the future you will have a son although the reality may not play out exactly as it does in your dream... I hope this helped you in some way

3. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Usually dreams that vivid are premonitions (at least that's the way it works for me), so I'll keep my mind open but don't think about it too much either. You never know, it might also be a symbolic dream so don't hype yourself to avoid being disappointed down the road. But in the end only you can fnd out if it's a premonition or a symbolic/freudian type of dream, cause you know yourself more than we do and, foremost, this is YOUR dream. We can only give you clues, you get to find your own truth.

4. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Go do some fun shit where you don't have to worry about right or wrong. Sing like a nutter in the shower or throw paint at a canvas, learn to dance, bungee jump.. let loose :)