I Don't Wanna Go To College!!!

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by brainstew, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I think she was saying she hated the formal environment. I don't think she was actually saying she hates learning.

2. spooner

spooner is done.

There are plenty of university opportunities that will let you work outdoors. Go into geology and do oil exploration. Do resource management. Mining engineering.

Not that you really need any education to work in the bush. And you get pretty desensitized to nature.

3. brainstew

brainstew Member

I was just saying that I DIDN'T WANT TO BE COOPED UP IN SOMETHING I RARELY ENJOY IN LIFE. People do not just hate learning out of the blue it is the system that was used to teache them to learn since childhood that shied them away from it/I am not closed minded, I will never be, the type of college my mum wants me to go through is totally formal and terrible, I hate it already. I know this because I've been ion those same kinds of schools all of my life. I have a life plan and college isn't the biggest thing I SHOULD CONSIDER IN LIFE, I already know collge is not for me. Please, don't assume that because I'm a teen, I change my mind quickly and I am confused with billions of plans and no way to get there.

4. brainstew

brainstew Member

Guys, I have good intrapersonal skills. I know my self well enough to tell I cannot be in the colleges my mum wants me to go to and be happy.

5. brainstew

brainstew Member

oooooooooooo!!!! You know what I love? I love how people who don't know me use their sterotypical version of a chiche' teenager to try and tell me that I have nothing to complain about! I just love that!

6. Haid

Haid Member

College doesn't last long. The question you should ask yourself is can you be happy the rest of your life with restrictions that will be placed on you without the education. School sucks but it sure opens doors to do what you want. There is a lot less freedom on the other side except for a very lucky few.

7. broony

broony Banned

I tell you this, i dont like college. Sure its a change and its not highschool. It has its ups and downs like anything. The only way i can continue on with my schooling is because of the people i know. They are not going to college, and right now they may be better off. In 10 years the chance of me being better of is way higher. Keep that mindset and it helps.

What is required in society sucks but we have to deal with it. Im not saying "Go to" college but its a good idea, espically if you get the free chance. :)

8. brainstew

brainstew Member

Thanks guys, I think you two are the only ones who gave me tha help i really was asking for @ broony and haid

9. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

That's what I was trying to get across too. In today's society a college degree is almost mandatory to hold any type of job that means something. You said you had a plan other then college, and I would like to hear what it is.

i'm really trying my best to not be a dick but I have seen kids saying that they don't want to go, waste time pussy footing around, then end up going late.

10. Dreadeez

Dreadeez Member

I don't really see the harm in taking a year off after high school, though. Make it a year and stick to it! Just don't let yourself become stationary. Go on a road trip! Work through high school and save up money to go travel the world for a year. Go shadow some people in the jobs you'd like to have. But I think above all else you should try your best to relax and take it easy. Enjoy the fact that you don't have bills to pay. And if you're going to be 'forced' to go to college, why sweat it now? Don't waste a moment worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. Don't dwell on it and give yourself ulcers. :p My childhood wasn't easy. It could have been worse I suppose, but it wouldn't have made me any more or less angsty at the time. ;D It's just a stage we all have to go through. Try to focus on the good things you have going for you, though. Don't think about your impending doom of sorts! :p Oh and if you get the chance, go check out this book at your library- Finding The Open Road.