I Don't Wanna Go To College!!!

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by brainstew, Apr 29, 2007.

1. brainstew

brainstew Member

Because, i'm in a gifted school so the pressure in huge now.

2. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Since you're fourteen and your biggest pressure appears to be the threat of "having to go to college!" in four years, I'm going to go ahead and guess you have a pretty steady supply of warm meals, clothing, and shelter...and you don't have to wake up every morning wandering how you'll manage to find one or all of those things in the coming day.

So no, the pressure isn't that bad. College isn't that bad either, to be honest. Worlds better than high school. Also, once you're 18 - no one in the world can stop you from leaving home, finding a way to fend for yourself, and telling college, jobs, family, and all the rest to fuck themselves.

3. brainstew

brainstew Member

i'M SORRY, BECAUSE i DON'T AGREE WITH YOU, I'M STUPID? yEAH, YOU'RE SO MATURE.

4. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

There's not much distinction there. Besides, why pick a fight with me? I took a shot in the dark. You're usually wrong when you do that, but when you're right it's so cool. I was gambling on you being around forty and disappointed at the way your life had gone. Maybe next time.

Don't worry about her. She's just looking for a fight.

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

IF you go to college, dont go for that reason. Only go if you want to. your parents cannot make you do anything, unless you extremely weak willed, then, enjoy college, because you know you are going already.

6. brainstew

brainstew Member

Don't worry about her. She's just looking for a fight.[/QUOTE]
    THANX

7. brainstew

brainstew Member

Dude, u need help. I never said a mean or angry thing to u...I belive ur 'lost."

8. brainstew

brainstew Member

Look, I am here to freely express my ideas and concerns and this is one of the last places to do so. If you need help or are lost, I suggest you seek assistance. I have no been mean to you in anyway or nearly as immature as you.

9. brainstew

brainstew Member

Ok, you cursed at me, you called me a hoe. What the hell? What the fuck did I ever say to you? Go away! Jesus!

10. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

You're as good as banned.

11. brainstew

brainstew Member

seriously, you have no better way to make a fool of yourself?

12. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

SHHHH

Don't bring attention to it, these two may implode and suck all internet stupidity into a giant black hole.

13. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

You're 14. You don't know what you want.

Maybe in 4 years you'll still feel as adamantly as you do. Maybe not. Hopefully by then you'll learn that you're wrong. College isn't all about the system. Not good colleges at least- or professors like Norman Finkelstein, Noam Chomsky, and Howard Zinn wouldn't have jobs. And hopefully you'll learn that only fools "hate learning" and that if you want to travel, you need to love learning more than the average person or you're just a tool.

14. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

educate yourself and you'll be free

you don't need college to educate yourself....college is what you make of it, but never limit yourself on things to learn.

15. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Brainstew: Yes, a lot can change between now and when you finish high school.
    As for me I didn't go to college until I was 29 and received my first degree at 34.
    You say you didn't want to act like the college educated types or words to that effect. Could it be those people are just older and have different experiences than you.
    In 2 years you can a drivers license, 2 years after that you'll be graduating high school. Now turn it around, go back 4 years. You were 10. What were thinking then?
    Mom and Dad were the greatest people on earth, You maybe wanted a new bike for Christmas.
    Things are in a constant state of change and your in a place where everything is changing. Your body, social situations, world influence.
    If I found a Ginny in a bottle who would give one wish and I could go back to any age,
    I would chose 35, but never ever 14.
    Hang in there girl, things ARE going to get better........Dennis

16. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

But at least by 19 you can be talking down to people based on your endless wisdom that can only be acquired by living another five years.

17. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I'm not the one starting a post saying that I hate learning. ;) I would talk down to a person 40 years older than me with that attitude. And anyway, teen angst is a bitch and between 14 and 19, you tend to grow out of it.

18. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

ecotourism and adventure travel..... allows you to travel all around the world while helping the environment

19. brainstew

brainstew Member

I didn't say that college is all about the system but I want to have freedom in the things that I enjoy, not in being mindlessly imprisioned within another school system. you might not agree with me but you cannot say I will realize I am wrong. Hating learning developes in early childhood with the methods that people use to make you learn, you cannot say that just because people hate learning they are fools. I do not need to love learning more, I need to do something I loved origionally, whic is sitting out in nature and enjoying it. Pllease, do not call me a tool because I do not love learning the way you might.

20. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

No person that is happy hated to learn. The only people that hate education are ignorant people that don't amount to anything important. You may despise waking up to go to high school, I know I did. College is different. I went to a corrupt high school with pages of problems, including budget and teachign staff issues. My high school was known for how poorly it was run and how much change was needed.

I, like you, did not see myself at college while I was in high school. As you grow older (I understand I'm only 19) your mind changes drastically. I doubt in two years you will be as adamant as you are now. I suggest you at least entertain the idea of higher education and see what possibilities are there.

Not all colleges create white collar drones that you fear. I know that the internship I was at last year tempted me to dropout. I took some valuable advice from couselors and family. I looked at different collges and saw what majors are available to me. I actually ended up in Buisness! My passion is automotive diagnostics and repair. I will hopefully use the degree and knowlege to work in the field and eventually open my own shop. My plan after the internship was to become a mechanic and I fully beleive that I would have been content. I also believe I would have wondered "what if."

The experience at a major university is amazing. The number of different and interesting people you meet is unfathomable. The professors you learn under are exited to teach and have a passion for what they do; unlike high school teachers waiting to retire.

I know you said that you love to travel and to be outdoors, but without a college education what type of work could you do? College is not for everyone but everyone needs to have a life plan. You need to decide what you will do before you decide what you won't do. Sitting out in nature is always a fantastic experience but it will not feed, cloth, or house you. Unless your one of the few people that can live off the land you need to have a career path in mind.

Please don't be close minded. You should make an effort to see if there is a way you could be happy at college. Always love to learn, you don't need to want the formal atmosphere, but always love to learn. Ignorance is intolerable.