I don't understand

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by MattyDigs, Jun 8, 2013.

1. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

2. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Thanks for pointing it out. I noticed I made the same mistake as well. All edited now :).

3. girlsaregamers2

girlsaregamers2 Member

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

all talk and no action...

5. MattyDigs

MattyDigs Member

Thanks for you advice everyone :) I'd like to point out that I am not anxious on dates or on the phone, it's relaxed and fun. Hope you weren't assuming that I was though lol That's why I said it was 'weird' as in , not your normal anxiety. Maybe it isn't even anxiety at all, actually. I just call it that. Wasn't trying to get into specifics about it because this is not about that. Also, I'm not on medication. As of now whatever it is is undiagnosed.

As far as to what monkjr was saying about speaking to women and how guys interpret it, he very much has a point. But in the cases I'm pointing out there were no subtle hints like he pointed out and certainly there were never direct truths.
    I was seeing this one girl from one of the sites for a month and a half. Turns out, being passive aggressive and hiding how she really felt was her MO in life. Definitely ignored the warning signs on that one lmao

6. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Ok cool beans. I guess your problems more or less stem from just the nature of dating online.

My advice now is not to over analyze the ones who don't catch on to you and maintain replies, and focus on the ones who do reply whom you have interest in.

7. MattyDigs

MattyDigs Member

A little update to this - I actually found an amazing person that loves me as dearly as I love them. Crazy shit is, I found her here! lol Maybe you guys know her - ChrissySunshine :) We've been together for like 4 or 5 months now and it's been kickass the whole time with no signs of slowing down. I remain extremely bitter towards online dating hahaha

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am happy for you both...I like what Chrissy said about empathy on the beautiful thread, too..:):2thumbsup:

9. ChrissySunshine

ChrissySunshine like disco lemonade

10. KingWilly

KingWilly Member

OP, I don't know how old you are and that really doesn't matter, but that is part of the problem I'm seeing of this generation we are in. I simply don't understand it... Yes I get (however comical) that someone can come on this site and spill their guts to hundreds of members on topics they wouldn't tell to their closest friends. So yes I get the aspect of anonymity and the "protection" it provides. but as you have mentioned an in many other aspects I too worry about the future and our potential social destruction...

Edit - Man oh man, I'm turning into an old fart...

11. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

damn....