I don't understand the barefoot forum.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 22, 2013.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah, I really dig their shoes. I feel fortunate that there is a shoe store here that only sells environmentally friendly shoes.

2. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Theres a time and a place for everything.

If you're a germaphobe then certainly you realize that the bottom of my feet are cleaner after walking around my yard and neighborhood all day than any pair of shoes you have, unless you wash the soles daily.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Bingo ......:2thumbsup:

Cheers Glen.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you forget we live in the age of Twitter status updates :rolleyes:

5. jambo101

jambo101 Member

6. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I wonder whether barefoot is a code word?
    Maybe they have this system of identification.
    And they all get into positions of power. Then give each other "footjobs"/ "foot-penetration".

I mean whats so fun about walking barefoot thro dogshit and cutting your feet on broken glass...?

...Unless thats another one of their thrills... :dizzy2:

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

(1)...I Have Been A Fulltime Barefooter For 7 Years...:)

(2)...I Have Two Perfect Eyes...:)

(3)...When I See Dogshit Or Glass I Walk Around Them...:)

So Simple, Even You Should Be Able To Comprehend It...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

:D

Is it true that fresh, warm dogshit feels nice on feet tho?

I actually read about this guy who actually filled his trousers with horse shit because he liked the "feel of it"... :-/

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

In Future Please Make Your Posts In The "Real Kinky" Forum...:).

K-thks...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We should have a shoe forum though

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The "Fashion And Crafts" Forum Covers That...:)

Cheers Glen.

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

As I recall......

Back then, there was always something going on. In the summer a lot of the something going on stuff happened at parks, local streams, lakes, quarries and stuff like that.
    So, running around in the grass, or splashing in the water, you naturally took your shoes off, and shirts, and wore cutoff blue jeans as they were very durable.

Then you might get into your car and drive to the local mom and pop store for a Popsicle or something and you'd worry about getting pulled over and cited for driving shoeless, as that was the rumor back then, and out you'd hop and enter the store with dirty feet as you'd been running around all day and the owner would get pissed at the dirty hippies and so those "no shirt/ no shoes/ no service signs" started to appear. Except at the beach. They really want your money at the beach as that is their main economy.

So there was no shoeless movement or anything, just having fun.
    Shoes were worn when shoes were needed. No big deal about being shod or shoeless, just doing what we were doing.

13. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Bare feet were around long before shoes were. I personally love to have my feet bare when it is possible.

I love shoes, maybe it is a girl thing. So for business I wear my shoes but they come off as soon as I am home. Nothing beats working in the garden or doing yoga outdoors with my feet bare.

As far as a forum for it, why not. :)

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well often it does depend on the type of business.
    When I was a lumber yard manager for a home improvement store, your damn right we asked people to put on shoes or leave. It had absolutely nothing to do with how they looked, their ideology or any such sillyness, it was solely and completely about liability.

Having seen people intentionally step on, trip over, cut themselves, etc. in attempts to instigate law suits many times, I totally agree with the idea.
    Actually made an example of one woman, let her take it to court and waited until in front of a judge to show the video that clearly showed her take a bag of water out of her purse, pour it on the floor, then lay down and start screaming for help.

Judge wasn't happy and the company counter sued for legal fees and frivolousness lawsuit. :D

BUT when working for a drug chain at a location less than 2 miles from the beach, trying to enforce a "no shoes" policy would have been futile and would result in lost sales. BUT we also posted signs at the entrances clearly & legally stating that barefooters assumed all liability for any injury.

So it really is a matter of common sense and those who insist on going barefoot in potentially hazardous locations are just being silly.

15. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Stories with good points. Often people forget the liability thing.
    Yesterday, I was barefoot from wake to bedtime, except when I ran an errand on my motorcycle, the other when I put gas in the truck and wasn't about to walk around in decades of petroleum waste so I busted out the flip flops to pay and fuel up.

Love the story about the bag of water lady, what a shitbag!

But I gotta say this about the oceanside drug store...
    Posting a sign stating that a customer accepts all liability upon entering a publicly accessible business will not relieve a business owner from all responsibility. If that little old lady fell over because her walker broke, that's her problem. If a shelvefull of product falls on her because Casa Depot failed to ensure the safety and security of their publicly accessible space, then they will be paying out unlimited damages.
    A basic tenant behind that is a person cannot waive all their rights in a non verbal, non written contract way like posting a sign.
    Otherwise you could just post a sign that says "Every customer shall be beaten profusely about the head upon entry" and it would be difficult or impossible to seek remedy in court for your concussion, for simply walking into the store.
    Is my take on it anyhow...

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Valid point to a degree, but given the location, our signage specifically mentioned bare feet, along with about 75% of surrounding business's.
    Now people would come in the store in all degrees of "undress", shorts hanging down, thong bikini's :drool5: etc. The only thing we asked was to be wary of foot injuries and that the customer assumes liability for FOOT injuries IF they were barefoot.

17. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

If I understand correctly, in a case where it's specifically spelled out like that, the chances are that it will be considered a "valid contract" , even if it is only a sign. The idea I learned is that one cannot be considered as having agreed to a vaguely worded contract posted on a sign at the public entrance to a business, public or private. A private place of business may impose any rule they want as a condition of entry, (no shoes no shirt no dice?) but can't just say "welcome please come in and conduct business with us" and then post a sign saying "we aint liable for shit" and have that be an enforcable contract in court.
    All that said, you can get away with anything, on either side of that argument, given enough money and legal muscle.

Witness O.J. Simpson.

disclaimer: thats my understanding of fucked up U.S. tort and injury law, most other countries have a much more rational system :) If that old lady story you shared happened in the EU, her side would have had to automatically pay all the costs of the case, since they brought suit and lost.
    wanna fix our civil law system? looser pays. it's so simple.

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea... Twitter and facebook are really annoying. Like I need to know everytime someone eats a bowl of cereal or something.

Yes! :D
    Yea... I totally hear you on that.
    I think you should be allowed to go where ever you wanna go barefoot def.
    I do also agree that some ppl in the barefoot forum seem mean. I posted in total seriousness over there in the kim kardashian's feet thread... I just said something like (because first of all.. .ppl were all like "ewww her feet are swollen because she's pregnant!" and someone else said "why does she have to get so much attention?" - so i replied that i "didnt know why that thread is even here and she gets all the attention because ppl give her attention like this thread" and that "so what? she's hugely pregnant and has swollen feet. okay?"
    so someone quoted me and said "i cant believe YOU"RE in this forum"
    I said "okay, awesome" :)
    lol.