I don't understand the barefoot forum.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 22, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My advice here is to tip toe and step lightly because toes are being stepped on...

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Would The Last Person To Post In This Thread,

Please Turn Out The Lights...K-thks...[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I need a nicotine break...for real....

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Good night, Glen :)

It's about past my bed time.

Anyways, I love feet and I'm sorry to all the feet if I hurt their feelings. ;)

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol
    i had quit smoking but i had a cig today. like 2 mins ago. bad girl.

i need to stop that.
    needed one tho. lol.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I agree with you

I probably would walk more barefoot, at least on the beach, but people have this horrible habit of leaving needles and broken beer bottles all over the beach, not to mention the dog shit... so I just don't feel comfortable.

When I live in Oregon I am more safe from those things, but the rocks are just really pointy. Also, I really really really love cute shoes.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yes! Yes! And Yes! I feel like such a girl lately getting new shoes and I love them so much. I wanna buy more shoes soon.. it's addictive. :)

And I like barefeet also...esp when it's hot. But I am kinda a germaphobe for one know there is foot fungus and... well, other stuff... i mean...what if you went barefoot into a public restroom and you had a cut on your foot and there was blood on the floor? I'm just saying.
    And I have seen syringes laying around outside... and that would just be my luck (i pick the things up in paper towels and throw them out. other ppl i guess just let them sit there but hello there are kids ...and..barefoot ppl) :)

oh and i love the sand on my toes but i have stepped on a broken bottle on the beach. also i had to have stitches from a broken plate i stepped on. i guess i should watch where im walking. ;)

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Exactly! I am a germaphobe too. I would never walk into a public bathroom with no shoes on.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I gotcha ( remember the big red b-ball hightops? lol)...

my bummer is it's almost impossible to buy a shoe that doesn't have urethane somewhere in the construction, foam padding n' shit and virtually all shoes these days have urethane soles. urethane is not only dangerous to the workers who manufacture it, it can be toxic if badly formulated and when improperly cured (FYI never wear those cheap foam flip-flops)certain constituents can bond with proteins, and have been shown to cause pancreatic and liver cancer...:eek:

The ultimate shoe material I think would be hemp canvas and natural rubber. :2thumbsup:

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Antithesis- I love the quote in your sig. :)

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hmmm...interesting (seriously)... I used to wear those cheap flip flops but this year I went out and bought a decent pair of sandals made from natural materials that look nice and are comfy...
    Anyways I'm trying to remember what the material was...my mom brought me home a pair of flip flops once from south america that someone made there ... of recycled...tires?

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I actually wear almost exclusively hemp shoes. I usually buy Simple Green Toes.

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

For Gods Sake, You Don't Get Foot Fungus From Going Barefoot, You Get

It From Stinking, Sweaty Shoes.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...:banghead:

Cheers Glen.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

What about public showers? Why are you supposed to wear shower shoes in the the shower? (like a public shower.. the gym..whatever) (I'm being serious)

15. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I wear shoes all the time and have never had a foot fungus.... Maybe your feet are just extra sweaty and gross?

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I've never had fungus on my feet either.

And I don't know how you'd get a fungus (which is contagious.. it's like jock itch and ringworm) from a shoe. How would your foot make contact w said fungus?

Then again, my shoes don't stink either so maybe that's why.

17. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I mean, my boyfriend gets foot fungus because he doesn't wash his socks often enough and fungus grows like nobodies business here on the coast. But I wash my socks, so I am good.

18. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

^^^nice, looks like simply green toes not only uses mostly natural rubber soles (they have one with recycled tyre sole) but also utilize a glue-less construction. Urethane Glues are definitely another big toxic material in most shoe manufacturing.

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Yes Of Course You Can Pick It Up In A Public Shower, But Because Fungus

Thrives In A Warm Damp Enviroment And A Barefooters Feet Are Usually

Dry, There Is A Fair Chance The Barefooter Wouldn't Even Know They Had Been

In Contact With It Let Alone It Becoming A Problem...:).

Cheers Glen.

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I honestly get athlete's foot a lot less during the summer when I'm mostly in flip-flops. But it's pretty easy to avoid by wearing cotton socks and changing them daily otherwise.