I don't understand how people believe.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Thekarthika, Jan 17, 2009.

1. nasa10

nasa10 Member

There are some well thought out posts here.I abandoned god 50 years ago in my early teens when I realized that the bibles account of genesis was not the word of ahigher power butthe word of man. Man has invented stories about virgin birth resurrection and miracles.
    The sad fact is so many people accept without questin their ancestors word and many areprepared to die for it. The ultimate in brain washing. Religion is an escape from reality for the poor and uneducated and fear of death for the so called cowardly intelligent. May I burn in hell? I dont think so. The crem more likely

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So you'll go to your grave or the crem thinking that because the myths of Christianity (one particular religion) aren't true, all religion is about nonsense. It's your choice. (I don't believe in those things literally either). No, I don't think either of us will burn in hell. I just think that God and religion offer another rich dimension to human experience that you'll have missed out on.