i don't see it in the real world

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by brothersun, May 13, 2004.

1. brothersun

brothersun Member

I wish i can find someone in my community. That cared more about others then themselves but people like that are hard to find. Only thing i know about the movement in the sixties is through pictures movies books etc. I wish people today thought the same way. We just sit and watch are goverments march to war. We are in a very sad place.:(

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

you just gotta poke around!

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Fractual i true in saying look around.You found this place by looking around.Look up the Rainbowfamily in or around your area for potlucks and drumings.Look for groups that go out and do there part in working with mother nature. You will find you are not alone and that there are many who feel like you do.

4. sassure

sassure Member

Use the Web, the Google search engine. In this age of me-first, money worship, and inter-cultural aggression, the individuals you are seeking will be hard to find...but they are out there.

5. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

there is a lot of things that we, the people, will never be able to control because absolute power corrupts absolutely, there is always going to be corruption and all the secrets we dont know, and it has come to a point where money comes before people and peoples interests are not looked after, and its really scary cause this is how the whole world is going to be eventually, right now it may just be the economically stable countries...but i assure you it will move to third world countries and everywhere, there will be no peace left to save....

something needs to be done, but what is there to do that will be powerful enough to stop something that is so near the being called inevitable?!

6. Cryptoman

Cryptoman Member

Take heart brother, the spirit of love is alive and well. I've invited people to share in what I have freely, and have received many gifts from many beautiful people. Just this week a friend from the other side of the US paid our electric bill for us because we weren't going to be paid in time. Last year we paid the bill for a woman that we've never met who lived in New York. It's easy to talk about it, but people have a hard time giving when they feel such a lack in their lives. Whenever I have something extra...those around me have the same. Remember Gandhi....Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Peace and Love

Ron

7. rubymontana

rubymontana Member

Brothersun...we are here, all around you. Some of us may not look like you would expect though. Many have replaced tye-dye and bell bottoms with suits and ties, but they still carry the torch. I myself can "pass" if need be, to get things done. and no, I did not "sell out"...I merely use my head and a little psych on some folks because they have tunnel vision and think being a "hippy"means you are a drug addict and lazy, You know, typical stereotyping. It is only when you seek them out, that you will find there are quite a few around who share your ideals...Peace brother, ruby

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

The 60's are OVER. You're not gonna find your peace, lovin' hippies around much. Everyone nowadays cares a lot about themselves and very little of others. Move on.

9. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

whoa that was cold....
    I think its comments like that that make people think that people everywhere are like that......

10. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

damn moonflower, maybe you are like that but i know im not. i expect most of the ppl that use this forum are not like that. i buy shirts and tiedye them and give them to less needy children, and before i got caught with weed i did communitee service without being forced too(now im forced to do it but i dont mind). there are more people like me, but there are very few males, im the only one ive met, but there are more people out there i know. so just dont give up hope and keep looking

11. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Someone said (I forgot who exactly) that if you want to change the world, you must change yourself. Change yourself (in positive ways), and evolve, and you'll be better prepared to make positive changes.

12. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Yes, I am like that. Me and the rest of the world that isn't concerned with being a fake ass *neo-hippie*!
    Why do you tie-dye them? Maybe they don't want tie-dye shit. Oh...that's right, you're a *hippie*, you MUST tie-dye EVERYTHING in your sight! Sorry, brain fart made me forget!

13. soulrebel51

well maybe i like tiedye, its my favorite color. and its fun to do you should try it

14. soulrebel51

and it also looks better than giving them kids a plain white shirt. this way they can tell their shirts apart too, since no two are ever alike. now calm down or Ill suffocate you with luv

15. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

its okay, i think what you do is great. i love you, so dont worry about him! but yeah, i know what you mean, i sure wish i had a hippie boyfriend..........or even a friend.........but there arent any here.

16. soulrebel51

well thank you moonbeam, ill be you friend. where i live its considered wrong to be a hippy, and theres only 5 of us(im the only guy too:) ). i am the only one who just doesnt wear tiedye and smoke weed, i actually take part in protests and speak out about things that i think are harming the planet, animals etc

17. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

it is rather sad... some folks are just so shallow...

18. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You're being fucking rude.
    Damn.
    Not sure if I want you as my bitch anymore...
    Can you not accept people as they are?