I don't really know what year it is

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by backtothelab, May 20, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Is it that hard to belive? People completely freak out because i don't know something as trivial as what year it is. I know it's either 03 or 04 or 05, and I'm positive it's not 06. I could look it up, but when i do, i'll just forget it again. I don't see how other kids my age can go their whole life, never knowing say, their social security number, or that they have one; or say, how a combustion engine works or who invented the arch, yet, I'm a complete imbicile because I don't know what year it is. ugh. Anyone else with me?

2. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

do you like not watch tv or listen to the radio or...get the newspaper? or do you just have bad memory?

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

my memory is really fucked up...but i can still remember what year it is

4. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

It's 2004! :p

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

aww... im gonna know now

no, really, i don't watch that much tv, and i get all my news off the internet.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i for one hardly ever turn on the tube and subscribe to no coporate media newspaper either. today's corporate owned media is no better then the state owned media must have been in russia under communism. i do listen to independent community supported community radio occasionaly. almost every day even. though not all the time. i listen to my tapes at least as often. and the insidental sounds of nature and society outside more often then that.

as for knowing what year it is; yah, big deal. other then it's an election year and keeping track of that opportunity to put in my two cents worth just on general principals whether i think it's actualy going to be counted or not.
    but other then that, i see no big deal about what the numbers say on some calender. a year has gone by since this time last year and i'm a year older then i was then. when i was less then half the age of the average life expectancy that may have been something to celibrate though i'm not sure why even then. only as a day itself easy to remember as an excuse for doing so.
    there is still age aparthied under the law, and your year of birth subtracted from the current year is something those who get paid for enforcing it have to concern themselves with.
    now the kind of world we have to live in and the evolving of it, that matters, but the numbers somebody sticks on the year; gnaw, ain't no way that makes diddily

7. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

If you don't know what year it is, how do you know your own age? :confused:

8. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

does it really matter what year it is?

i'm always forgetting my age. someone asked me the other day, and i had to really think about it before i remembered. (i look much younger than i actually am, so i guess i coulda just made something up. LOL)

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

happens to me as well. I tend to forget the yer, since it does not truly make any bloody difference to me. Sometimes I aslso forget my age, and think of myself as younger.

10. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

its only a problem if you feel it interferes with your life, if you forget lots of things and it troubles you go see a doctor, if you don't and?or it really doesn't interfere then no big deal.
    others are probably jealous anyhow because they would envy a life where the year doesn't matter

s

11. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

happens to me too.......

dont feel alone in this. :)

12. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

For some reason I am still trapped in the '90s... Don't know why... I don't like this whole new millenium crap...

13. interval_illusion

yea and what r they gonna call this time....?

before it was the 40s, 60s, 70s, 90s etc......

what abotu now?

14. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

I don't know!!! It confuses the hell out of me!!! Can't call it the 00's....hmmm...Does anyone know??? For the love of God, tell me!!!!

15. interval_illusion

i have no answer for that.

i guess it wont be called anything cause it isnt anything. *shrugs*

16. Willy_Wonka_27

they will probbly call it the doubble 0's like fricking james bond without the 7

17. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

lol!!! That is a great idea! I will start referring to it as such and you do the same and maybe it will catch on! Care to join us, anyone?

18. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

*40 years into the future* "Boy, I'll tell ya, that's not the way we did things back in the double 0's!"

19. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

You literally don't know what year it is? Because it's all over the forums...

LOL @ Sweet Mama. The Double '0s.

20. Willy_Wonka_27

yay i started somthing...i will be famous...im gonna call it that from now on ....i will the most popular decade namer in history

its the doubble 0's...tell your friends