I don't like Disney +'s movie selection :(

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by MyTurn!, Aug 10, 2020.

1. MyTurn!

MyTurn! Members

I just recently got access to my sister-in-law's Disney + account (I guess I owe her one for that), but I'm very disappointed with their movie selection. There are a lot of Marvel movies I want to watch that aren't on there.

For example, I like the X-Men movies and I was hoping to start with "X-Men: First Class" and go on from there, BUT that one isn't on there but the ones that came after it are. Why can't I just start with that one since it's the first one in the new series?

Also, Disney owns Fox, so I would think they would have some really good Fox movies (such as the Alien series), but they don't have those either. If they're trying to get people to spend money on Disney + subscriptions, you would think they would put those movies there, right?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But you aren't spending money on it... Your sister-in-law is.

Nitocris likes this.
  3. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

It would be tough to have everything. It’s not like they have everything all in one place anyways.

Disney+ is just another service online for streaming. It’s not the whole Disney/Disney owned corporation content.

I would suggest going outside to play, but I don’t want to do that either.

4. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Streaming services are always removing stuff as it is. If I like a movie or tv show bad enough, I'll just buy the blue ray.

5. Do they have the Treasure Island movie? The Technicolor one from the 50's ?

I loved that one as a kid.

6. MyTurn!

MyTurn! Members

Yes, they do.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

My wife has it. Not super impressed with the selection of titles. Also the quality and lack of options and navigation on their site kind of sucks ass. I watched the Mandalorian, fucking dark as fuck picture, and ulta wide format with no crop options. This pisses me off, if you're making a show for TV, MAKE IT FIT THE FUCKING TV SCREEN!!!!! The least they can do is give us a damn crop option. Same as The Simpsons, some people hate that they did crop it to fit widescreen. JUST GIVE PEOPLE THE FUCKING OPTION!!! I can watch the fucking show on a free pirate streaming app and have more God damn video options! Fucking pathetic!

Jesus Christ on a fuck stick, I'm watching a guy play with junk in his shed on Youtube and the video picture is 10 times better than The Madalorian was.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Lots of free stuff on you tube . I like the ghost ,urbex , and Schlager music videos. (Schlager=German party music)
    PS ,if you use a PC you can use opera as a browser and an app , I think it's called saved from net to download videos and play them over and over.

9. MyTurn!

MyTurn! Members

I know an easy way to download Youtube videos, but I've never experimented with trying to download something from Netflix or Disney + yet. Will that work for those two?

Also, there's a program called OBS that lets you record a window that's open on your PC. I haven't tried it yet to see if I can record something from Netflix or Disney +, but I would think you could, right?

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I have only used it with you tube . I never really wanted to pay for my programs I don't have Netflix or Disney. I have scene some of there programs for download on the torrent sites if you want to go that route.