I dont like black people

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sheeprooter, Jan 22, 2005.

1. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Oh. You mean the ones that didn't grow up in huts and on beaches. The ones that grew up in the same kind of places you did? Keep in mind all those people have in common is skin color. They're from two totally different environments.

I've seen books that look boring on the outside too. Seen good movies with bad cover art. Met some of the biggest dickheads in my life that were wearing suits. Been beaten up by guys I should've smashed, and smashed guys that should've killed me. Bet you some of those people are the kindest most caring people you'll ever meet, but look what they're surrounded by mean, crude looking guys(or so you say) of course that's what they're going to put off. I mean when was the last time you walked through a crowd like that offering lemonade and asking people if they want to play games? They're all individuals, you can't judge them based on the group they keep.

I'm white and I would call it music. That has nothing to do with who a person is(to a point) it's based on what one likes. I know black people that listen to country/alternative/whatever. I bet you atleast one of them is into chess or another intelligent activity like that. Maybe some of them love video games.

I'm guilty of both of those as well. Laziness isn't strictly a black issue, my friend ;)

Perhaps you suffer from an inferiority complex? At six feet tall you're 4" taller than me, and I work with a lot of gigantic black guys, but I don't feel like a child ever compared to them.

Do you ever greet them, or have you ever even tried to talk with any of them one on one to find common ground and make a friend? Everybody seems the same from the outside when you don't know them. If I stood next to one of those black guys dressed the same and listening to the same shit, would you feel the same about me despite my obviously different skin color?

So how would you distinguish them from big white men that listen to the same crap music?

Do you really know them well enough to say that none of them have interest in something intellectual? And really, now you're just digging for things to dislike mentioning the way they talk. I mean really, who cares if they speak "proper" english. What's so "proper" about it, it's ALL MADE UP ANYWAY I mean seriously. Do I care that some guy thousands of years ago decided that "I aint got no bread" is incorrect? No. I just care that I aint got no bread.

Instead of complaining about what you don't get, try to understand it. People are just people. Why not try to figure out what makes you similar(even though you think 'nothing') instead of focusing and complaining about what makes you different?

I work w/ 90% black people. That's how my last job was too. If I went in there every day saying to myself, "Man, these people are so different, I'll never be able to make friends here" I would've been very lonely. Just because they don't talk like you or listen to your music doesn't mean they don't have something worthwhile to say. When I worked dialysis I was one of 5 white employees + 4 white patients out of 192 people. I learned sooooooo much from the people there. Especially the patients. A lot of them were old(55+) black men, and talking to them about life day in and day out gave me all kinds of perspectives I never would've thought about. Every last one of them had something to teach, just like the black people around you. If you make the effort, I think you'd be surprised overall. Get to know them on an individual basis like you do 'white' people, and then weed out the good and the bad. Don't condemn an entire race because you've seen a few bad examples, it's a sad way to go through life.

2. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Elvis means everything to me and I have heard that false story before and plenty of black people backed him up. Elvis was not racist many of his favourite singers were black. Elvis never said the remark you quoted but he did say when asked about it "god meant music to be for everyone black or white." he also said "If you hate another human being because of their race you are hating part of yourself"

Of course the Elvis stole black music bandwagon has been jumped on many times not because it is true but people think it makes them seem knowledgable. Elvis loved black music and hung around with black people and was influenced by their music, as a boy he took black friends home (much to his parents shock) He didn`t have a racist bone in his body, if he did do you think he would have employed black musicians, backing singers etc? They all loved him and still defend him against the silly rumours that have no foundation in truth.

A white person invented the guitar, does this mean blacks have no right to use it? Of course not.

Hip hop, is banal and laughable it is absolutely awful and always sounds plastic and phoney, and musically and poetically it is pathetic.

Your comment about "Because opportunities were not afforded to blacks" is precisely what I meant. But who was supposed to offer these opportunities?

3. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

well OF COURSE he couldn't be racist, he had BLACK FRIENDS~!

No, seriously though, I know that there is some dispute about that statement

But my grandmother told me that and I choose to believe her

*gasp*

loyalty? to my elders? and I'm black? WOW

Obviously not white people because in 2005, white people don't even wanna allow us to be US......as evidenced by this thread and the others like it

I'm getting real tired of this and I guess I know what I can do about it

4. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

wow.. im feel sorry for you...

5. Peace_is_Free

Peace_is_Free Member

um....i suppose i used to think that way, well not exactly that way, but once u get to know them, or that type, some can be so cool and down to earth.all i ask of u is to not judge, u wouldnt wont someone to judge u.

6. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

why? I'm ok

7. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Well it is rather unfair to use a quote that someone may or may not have said against that person. But the anti racist quotes I used are genuine and were unusual around that time for a white person to say.

Your quote "White people don`t even want us in America" is racist, it is a generalisation to say this about an entire race. I am white and believe human beings of any race should be welcome anywhere provided they are not planning to harm anyone and I resent your comment.

I find it disgusting that someone could say "I don't like blacks" especially in an attempt to get attention, there are better and more constructive ways to do that.

Elvis is one of the most talented person that has ever lived and the people that actually influenced him know this and have said it. He actually sang most styles of music.